We stayed here on August 2 for one night before boarding a cruise ship. What a lovely hotel! Centrally located and walking distance to so many things. The hotel says it is 500 years old so dont expect huge rooms, but the bathrooms were quite a surprise! Large bathroom with tub and shower! There is no AC but apparently historic buildings are not allowed to have AC installed. There was a fan in the room that worked just fine. Beds were very comfortable as well. The staff were very friendly and held out luggage after we checked out so that we could go and tour Stonehenge.
I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone and will go back there myself next time I'm in Southampton.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin hotel is a stunning Grade II listed 4 star hotel located in the heart of Southampton - offering a modern and contemporary feel, while maintaining its traditional appeal. Perfectly located to explore the historic old town and walls, extensive shopping centre within walking distance and the perfect place to stay before and after your cruise with park and cruise packages available.Free Wifi available throughout the hotel.Privilege rooms now available. On site car parking available however there is a charge for this service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, ACCOR, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin Hotel Southampton
- Southampton Dolphin Hotel