I had a double room (smallish) on the ground floor with window onto pedestrian alley. Didn't think this looked too secure therefore kept window shut - room now too hot. A fan was provided though which helped.
Bed was comfortable and en-suite perfectly acceptable.
Had one drink in the hotel bar but thought the dinner menu a little too fancy. As another reviewer commented the location is great for bars and restaurants - just don't go to LUPA, the local Italian. 1hr 40mins for two courses is just not on!
Breakfast was adequate if, I felt, a little limited.
Overall a reasonable hotel that could try just a little harder.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin hotel is a stunning Grade II listed 4 star hotel located in the heart of Southampton - offering a modern and contemporary feel, while maintaining its traditional appeal. Perfectly located to explore the historic old town and walls, extensive shopping centre within walking distance and the perfect place to stay before and after your cruise with park and cruise packages available.Free Wifi available throughout the hotel.Privilege rooms now available. On site car parking available however there is a charge for this service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, ACCOR, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin Hotel Southampton
- Southampton Dolphin Hotel