“Excellent value for money”

Days Inn Southampton Rownhams
Ranked #19 of 26 Hotels in Southampton
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Do not try to find this Inn using the Post Code and a Sat Nav - doesn't compute. Use the Lodging thingy.
Finally found it using above - clean, fast food available just next door. All I needed, slept well.
Needed an email printed in the morning and found the General Manager, Monika mst helpfull.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 30 August 2013

I stayed here with my husband and our 2 young children for one night on the 24th august. It was impossible to find! The hotel inside is fine and doesn't look too bad until you get to your room. We stayed in room 4. There was a mattress on the floor and a sofa bed made up for our children and a double bed for myself and my husband, We had to close the window to start as my eldest daughter had moths and a big spider in her bed! The fan in the bathroom sounded like a diesel engine going it was so loud. When you laid on the bed it felt like your feet were higher than your head. The bed moved very easily and the pillows were awful. Might as well just had no pillow at all. The shower was more like a fireman's hose and gave me a headache that lasted most of the next day! The sound from the running shower was really loud and when our neighbours put theirs on late evening we thought someone was drilling through the wall! The room was old and is in desperate need of an update! We wont ever stay here again. It was the worst hotel I've ever stayed in!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank AnneeBH
Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

Great hotel room had spacious double bed a single and a travel cot, flat scream tv, clean bathroom, helpful reception. Stayed here on a visit to peppa pig world. Breakfast wasn't in hotel was vouchers for services a short wslk from hotel cooked breakfast was lovely friendly staff.
Only downside to this hotel was getting there as postcode needed for sat nav is wrong ignore postcode keep on m27 follow signs for rowhams services.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We wanted a place to stay after arriving on the ferry from Bilbao. The biggest problem was finding the hotel as the GSP/satnav was unable to pin point it for us and it is not well signposted on the motorway. Once we found it, the hotel was fine though only as a place get a nights sleep without being expensive. The room and bathroom were clean, the receptionist helpful. The desk chair was very stained and I thought twice about sitting on it.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I came to Southampton on the 21st-22nd june for a trip to peppa pig land I stayed in room 3 and brilliant!!!! staff was helpful and really polite!! I usually find something to moan about in travel lodge and premiere in especially the bed and I had no complaints you are right by a service station which has a sshop mcdonalds which is the same price as usually service stations tend to cost more a costa and krisp kreme and was 10 mins from paulton park deffo a fab company room was clean inc towels and has a soap dispenser in the bathroom just incase you forget will deffo book with days inn again thanks for a pleasant stay oh and not forgetting they have a kids play bit on the ground floor few toys and books and tellys which you can secure with a stair gate I didn't use the facility though but still a nice thought :)

Room Tip: remember its a budget hotel, but then again I really enjoyed my stay x
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Ok, it's not the Ritz but for a cheap priced room I found no problems with it. Good sized room and bathroom/shower. Even had a sofa in the room. Clean and as it stands some way back from the nearby motorway it was quiet. Would use again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 June 2013

This place really really needs an update. The room smelled of stale cigarettes and the fittings and fixtures were extremely dated, broken and/or unclean. Again, for £50 a night you could just get so much more elsewhere.

However, the young women on the reception desk was lovely and I've never been greeted by such a cheering 'good morning!' as I received from the ladies cleaning the bedroom opposite mine when I left the next day. The staff are an absolute credit to this place. I hope Days Inn pays them the wages they deserve.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business