Premier Inn Southampton Airport Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
1,389 results
All reviewsan early flightrailway stationmeal dealcar parkthyme restaurantgood nights sleepcomfortable bednext morningair conditioningnight's sleepfamily roomrestaurant staffreception staffper daystayed here for one nightbudget hotelthe ground floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 July 2012

We used the Premier Inn, Southampton Airport for only one night. We were in Southampton to attend a party with family and chose this Premier Inn instead of one of the other's in Southampton purely because of the free parking.

The cost of a double room only was £71.00. Although you see adverts on TV and everywhere that they do room from £29, I can only imagine that these are mid week and in obscure places. Having said that though I do not think that the cost was extortionate.

Having arrived, we parked without any problem as there were plenty of spaces directly in front of the Premier Inn. Checking in was simple. We were greeted by a friendly receptionist. I handed over a copy of our booking which I had made on-line and paid for in advance. So, check in was very simply and took only a couple of minutes,

Our room (321) was on the third floor. Two lifts were available or for those who are fit, you could walk up. The room was spacious and spotlessly clean. The bed was a super king size (two singles together) and very comfortable. There were four pillows and a notice to say that they had optional pillows and to call reception should you wish to have one. A kettle with two mugs and spoons and sachets of tea, coffee, sugar and milk jiggers were provided. There was a hair-dryer at the end of the dresser and plenty of hangers in the open style wardrobe. A TV was also provided with numerous free channels.The bathroom again was spacious with a very good power shower together with a hair/body wash dispenser over the bath. The sink also had a soap dispenser. So, all in all, everything you needed for a short stay.

Downstairs next to the reception was a bar and restaurant. The menu was a typical gastro pub type affair with something for everyone. My only gripe here is a personal one. I am a vegetarian and there was only a couple of choices for me as the majority of the menu was meat and a couple of fish dishes.

I would certainly recommend this Premier Inn.

Room Tip: All room are triple glazed and no noise whatsoever from the airport so I don't think that it would make much difference what room you choose here.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I chose this hotel mainly Because it was one of the few hotels in the area with twin beds. I have stayed at Premier Inns on several occasions, and I do believe you get value for me. The room was comfortable and clean, and despite being right ext to the airport the was no aircraft noise. We arrived quite late, after a late flight, but everything was perfect.
I would quite happily stay here again.

The only slight down side was that as we had a late breakfast, the selection was slightly reduced.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Well what a Premier inn. As a family of four we have stayed at a few premier inns and this has to be by far the best we have stayed in. Lovely big family room, huge bed, spotlessly clean everywhere, all fixtures and fittings a really high standard. The staff on reception and in the on site bar and restaurant were polite, helpful and friendly. We would of happily stayed more than 1 night. Breakfast this morniing was excellent, lots of choice and all help yourself. Excellent stay!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Very very poor, totally inadequate public spaces. Restaurant is miniscule?premier inn,s are not good value for the single traveller. You should use independent hotels, and save your self and your company loads of money.

Room Tip: Choose an independent hotel, much better value for money.premier inns are a rip off, unless maybe you are a family in a family room.for the single traveller premier inns are extortionate. Don,t waste yours or your companies money.look inn booking.com website.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Whitbread-77, Steven Hicks, Social Media at Premier Inn Southampton Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2012

Thank you for your review.

At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants, and we sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed provide this.

Our pricing policy works in the same way as many airlines where prices are driven by market conditions at the time. Although prices may increase at times of demand, they may also reduce on nights which are less busy. We do have a Team who closely monitor all hotels to ensure they are competitively priced as we always try and give you the best value for money.

We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 18 July 2012

One night stay, arrived quite late in the evening..it's really only moments away from the airport...the barrier accessed car-park is secure and well-lit... Hotel staff were skilfully dealing with a customer who had drunk a bit too much in the friendly bar...but I still got checked in quickly and Dan on reception was courteous and efficient. Room...big! Bed... huge! Good TV, usual PremierInn (ghastly) painting of trees...otherwise nothing to complain about. A chicken makhani bar meal was OK, then off to bed. I skipped breakfast, but PI brekkies are generally very good. I got a cheap deal, £34 room only.. a bargain for a quick overnight, fuss-free, clean...I've been there a few times, never a problem. And where else could you go?

Room Tip: Ask to be on the runway side so you can watch the Dash 400s come and go!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business