“OK but I've stayed in better Premier Inns”

Premier Inn Southampton Airport Hotel
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Southampton
Midlands,UK
“OK but I've stayed in better Premier Inns”
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I arrived at about 9pm on a Sunday evening. The car park was overfull and I had to go inside and speak to the receptionist as there was no answer when pressing the button at the car park entrance. I was told to park in the 2nd car park.

The room was pleasant enough although very warm.

I wanted a meal but was told I would have to order and eat in the bar. The bar was very busy and after waiting for about 10 minutes and still being about 3 deep back from the bar I gave up. Luckily I had some cuppa soup and biscuits in my bag.

When back in my room I set the air-con to a lower temperature and the room did eventually cool down.

The staff I met were pleasant. The room was spotlessly clean and the bed comfy. These things I have come to expect from Premier Inn, even in their older sites.

However due to the problems I had with parking, room temperature and getting a meal mean I can't recommend this Premier Inn. At the end of a long day I want a stress free experience and I'm afraid to say that I was disappointed here. I generally can't fault Premier Inn and use them a lot but I will not be using this one again and wouldn't recommend it to friends or family.

Room Tip: Get a meal before you arrive. If you can't wait hours for your room to cool down before you want...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Bridgend, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We booked this as an overnighter after Paulton park. We went for the £22 meal deal which was very good value for money. The food & service in the hotel restaurant was of a high standard. We would recommend this premier inn & we will definatley stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Sarah J
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Stayed here just 1 night whilst we were on our way to Bournemouth and found it to be be really very clean with excellent service and great food in the restaurant.
We have stayed in a number of Premier Inns in the last 2 years or so and whilst they have been all been good, this particular Inn was excellent. Just off the M27/M3 so easy access to Southampton, New Forest and Bournemouth areas.

Room Tip: Although it is near the ariport, with windows closed it is very quiet
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Halifax, West Yorkshire
Reviewed 4 August 2012

All the staff were very pleasant and friendly. We checked in very late, which wasn't a problem at all.

The room was a reasonable size and clean and the double bed was large. However, I didn't find it that comfortable, but my husband thought it was fine.

There was a very low sofa bed for our daughter, which was ok but we would have preferred a single bed instead.

The attached restaurant was very pleasant with a reasonable selection of food and a children's menu that kept our 3 year old happy. Breakfast was very nice. There is a Costa Coffee too, which scored well with me. At breakfast you get your coffee from a self serve Costa machine, which again, kept me happy.

My only gripe really is that our room was really cold. We stayed in December and I played with the room themostat to get it as warm as I could, but I was still cold.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2012 via mobile

I staied here as was working in Eastleigh ad usually stay at fareham premier inn as close to m27 and fareham is one of best I stayed in , however never thought about staying in this particular hotel due to being so close to airport I thought parking and noise would be bad however when I got in room it was huge, clean and bed was largest I have had in a premier inn it could easily fit 3/4 people in and I couldn't hear a noise from outside ! The carpark is free which is a huge bonus and for this reason I left car in carpark in morning and got train into central Eastleigh, train station 2mins walk and cost under £2 return ! Very impressed and will stay again, however didn't stay for dinner as I popped into Eastleigh to spend eve with friends .

• Stayed July 2012
Northampton
Reviewed 3 August 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night before catching an early morning ferry to the isle of wight. We paid £39.00 for the rooom only for a double room for the night. Parking was easy with plenty of spaces. Check in was quick and smooth. Room was clean and we had a good night sleep. It is right next to the airport but we did not hear any noise. Would stay here again if I needed another overnight stay in Southampton.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Crewe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Stayed here for one night before our cruise only cost £29 very clean modern room tea coffee making, very comfy bed even though I could stand and watch the planes landing and taking off you could not here them, we had a evening meal which was lovely will stay here again on next cruise.

Room Tip: ask for a airport view
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple