“Convenient and comfortable”

Premier Inn Southampton Airport Hotel
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Southampton
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed here for three nights over Easter, using it as a base to explore the south coast. Rooms were ok, typical of Premier Inns across the country. Breakfast good and plentiful. Didn't use the restaurant of an evening as we usually eat out. Only downside we had was not being able to book a twin room with travel cot (as the online booking defaults to family room when cot option specified). This left the "twin" bed as a mattress on the floor. Will take this up with Premier Inn next time. No problem with noise or disturbance from other rooms.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 April 2014

In general Premier Inns are fine if all you want is a bed for the night. That's all I wanted, and I got it but unfortunately the rooms are not sufficiently soundproofed. When I got into my room I could hear 2 different TV programmes coming from elsewhere. After a nice (but slow) meal in the restaurant I turned in around 2300. I could still clearly hear someone else's TV. Fair enough, they might be hard of hearing I thought but then the snoring began from another room I guess. This went on until I decided to get up well before the alarm for an early flight. You can't help it if you have a hippo in the room next door or in the room above / below snoring for all they were worth but you can insulate rooms well enough again this. Maybe it was just my bad luck but I've never had this problem at Holiday Inns or Mercure hotels and I stay away 80+ nights a year. I don't live that far away but due to the 0645 flight thought I would start the day fresh - instead I started with a headache and feeling knackered!! Not a happy bunny.

Room Tip: Bring your ear plugs if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Southampton Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a quiet stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Arriving at the train station one day and flying to France from the airport the next, we were happy to spend the night in a hotel that is just a few minutes walk from both. Our room had sufficient space as well as comfortable twin beds. There was no bothersome noise at night , and the shower worked well. My only complaints are that here (and perhaps all Premier Inns) WIFI use beyond 30 minutes per day costs 3 pounds extra, and dingy lighting makes shaving in the bathroom difficult and reading in bed uncomfortable.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights with family in family room. Hotel dated and rooms dated with small old flat screen tv not like the nice new large screen tv in the more modern premier inns also the room was on the small size and my daughter slept on a mattress on the floor not a bed settee like we had last month at Plymouth premier inn. These small niggles not that bad as the staff were excellent especially in the restaurant and the price was half the usual price just £35 per night booked two months in advance. We all had a good time and cheap prices make all the difference between staying away or not

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Had to find a hotel close to wessex vale crematorium; this hotel was it. Having stayed at other Premier Inn could book with confidence knowing service we could expect. This was a larger hotel than others we had stayed in but it still met our expectations. It was the first time we had a buffet style premier breakfast as opposed to an individually cooked choice. The food was of good quality, dishes were replaced quickly and in quantities that ensured food was fresh and all options available.

I hope I don't have to visit the hotel for similar reasons but it is also ideally located for airport and railway station.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Third time at this highly convenient airport hotel.Very short distance from Southampton airport Very efficient and friendly service, all as before,thus reliable and good value. Despite proximity to airport it was perfectly quiet. Liked least: breakfast coffees and teas have to be carried from bar at other end of self service restaurant,. I would have thought this was potentially dangerous, especially with little children around?

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as we had a very early flight from southamptom airport in the morning.

I was amazed as the room was very low cost for 2 adults and 2 small kids (3 and 5 yrs) and it was very well presented and felt like a 4 star hotel - nice room, very modern, very clean, large bed and very comfy and nice and quiet.

The staff were all very friendly and helpfull.

We had rung ahead first to pre-order dinner for our 10pm arrival. We said to just cook us a couple of burgers and we'd eat them when we arrived as we knew the kitchen would have closed by the time we got there. Actually they stayed open and offered us the full menu when we walked in after 10pm. I had a burger which was fantastic - a real gourmet burger with all the trimmings - like being in the USA. I was really impressed.

They looked after us very well and the staff engaged with our kids and brought them colouring books and crayons etc...

It was a very pleasant experience and a real surprise considering the low cost. This place punches well above its weight and felt like a top quality hotel but at B & B prices.

We really could not fault the hotel - really impressed.

They have airport trollies in the lobby and it's a short walk of about 400 meters to the airport terminal. We did this at 5am with our young kids and all our suitcases and it was a bit of a nightmare to be honest - NOT THE HOTEL'S FAULT IN ANY WAY - but the pavement is incredibly badly designed and every drop curb is on a sideways slope with raised concrete 'buttons' on the floor - the combination of which upset our trollies and catapaulted all our cases off the trollies and sent bags flying over the pavement and into the road!!!! This happened 3 times to both trollies in this short distance. It was impossible to stop the trollies sliding sideways and everything falling off. If it had been cold, or wet, or windy then this would have trully been a nightmare for us. It was a frustrating and dangerous start to our trip and could have been so easily avoided if the airport designers had any common sense at all.

I'm sorry to say it is typical of idiotic street design and layout by designers - no thought into what people will actually be using the pavement for and clearly whoever designed this pavement has never had to push a trolley or carry a heavy bag to or from an airport.

THIS RIDICULOUS PAVEMENT DESIGN FORCES YOU TO PUSH YOUR TROLLEY DOWN THE MAIN ROAD IF YOU WANT TO AVOID THE DROP CURB HAZARDS TIPPING YOUR TROLLEY OVER !!!! How crazy is that?

After such a nice stay at the hotel and being so close to the terminal it is trully ludicrous to create an obstacle course between the 2 like this.

Even though it is only about 400 meters walk I would book a taxi for the bags next time as I can see no other option - it is ridiculous.

I feel very sorry for this lovely hotel that some idiot has created such a difficult pavement between them and the airport terminal - shame on you airport designers!

• Stayed: April 2014