“Friendly and Helpful Staff”

Premier Inn Southampton Airport Hotel
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Southampton
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Friendly and Helpful Staff”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed at the Premier Inn as a stop over before going on holiday,
The restaurant staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel was very bust but the staff were very attentive. Helping with questions about the menu and giving advice. The breakfast was tasty, hot and good value., The chef even came out to check everything was OK. Even thought he was obviously very busy with the amount of people there. The staff were helpful with local information and very knowledgeable on directions to places we needed to go to.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

17 of us stayed here over night on friday . We had a meal in the restaurent with the room& meal deal, which was superb value, The staff here are extremely helpful, cheerful and hard working.
Again at breakfast smiling and helpful. will defiantly recommend this premier inn.It was a pleasurable stay. Well done to all the staff.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stayed here a week or so ago with my mum. We were here to visit Paultons Park and Peppa pig world with my family. This premier inn offered a better value for money than the premier inn closer to the park where the rest of our party stayed.
I was concerned about the parking after reading the reviews on here but this was not an issue after all. We arrived and checked in with a very friendly lady, we had booked a family room which was on the ground floor, I wasn't too keen on a room on the ground floor, we didn't need the family room so enquired about a different room. It seemed no bother at all to move us to a twin room instead which worked better for ourselves.
We were on the second floor, airport facing. Considering the proximity to the airport it was not noisy and we had the window open, we quiet enjoyed watching the planes landing and taking off.
We had breakfast at the hotel which was very tasty, had a 3 course breakfast with tea, coffee, juice or water for £8.75, this was all you can eat. The hot food was hot and I enjoyed my breakfast.
We didn't eat in the evening at the hotel so cannot comment on the evening menu.
Parking was not an issue, despite my original concerns, the Thursday night I had the last space in the main car park, but there was an overflow car park available. On the Friday night, there were plenty of space in the car park.
The rooms were basic but perfect, the shower worked well and did not lose pressure, it was lovely hot and perfect after a very long drive when we arrived.
I have no complaints about this premier inn and if I were to come to Southampton again I would most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014

This hotel has an extremely helpful team with a very good customer service approach. Although near the airport found the noise minimal & not disturbing. Highly recommend the restaurant for quality of food & service

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Bristol UK
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This was never going to be anything more than a quick overnight stop, in order for us to be in time for an 0905 flight to Alderney the next day. It was our 45th Wedding anniversary that weekend so I didnt want to spoil it by using the cheap option before we got to Alderney.
I needn't have worried, our room on the ground floor was excellent. Very clean, fresh smelling and giving the feeling of having had a recent refurbishment.
The meal that evening in the adjoining restaurant was also well cooked, well presented and excellent value for money. Breakfast although now dearer than when laste sampled remains very good value for money.
All in all a very good choice!
Brian Allinson

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Tigerfish1002
Isle of Man
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Less than 5 minutes walk from terminal. The rooms and bathroom are functional, carpets look a bit tired and worn but large, comfortable bed. The meal in Thyme restaurant was tasty and good value. Certainly best place to stay if flying through the airport.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank philosIsleofMan
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2014

After my visit to your restaurant on the 25th April for a birthday meal I wasn't pleased at all. After ordering our meals I felt that the time waiting for the starter was a long time. However the starter it self was nice so it counted. After all the main meals came out I still hadn't had my main meal. The waiter had to get the chef to make mine as he forgot to cook it. By the time my meal came out my family had just finished eating their dinners so by that time I didn't see the point. He was kind enough to not charge me for my meal. After being told that the hotel was lovely and food was amazing and the service was great I had high expectations. I don't think I will be visiting again anytime soon. I understand that it's a rush serving 12 people, but for a popular hotel there should be no errors in taking an order then bringing them out. Working in a hotel in the past we were always prepared for the unexpected. The 3 people serving us were lovely kind and polite it's just a shame that forgetting 1 meal let the side down. This isn't a complaint and I won't be complaining to the hotel directly as they sorted it on the night & was very apologetic.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Gem L
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Southampton Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.