“Staff were fantastic!”

Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Southampton
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Staff were fantastic!”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

A large group of us stayed here as we had just relocated to Southampton to start new jobs. The place became our home for two weeks and the staff were fantastic at making us feel so welcome in our new city. Everyone was so friendly and the staff in the restaurant were particularly nice, chatty and extremely helpful. I personally have multiple allergies and have an absolute nightmare trying to find things I can eat when I eat out. Restaurant staff usually treat me as a nuisance, whereas the staff at the Premier Inn were extremely accommodating and offered things that weren't strictly on the menu in order to cater for my needs. One staff member, Amber, made the stay particularly enjoyable as she was always so happy and fun and really made the difference whilst we were there! Thank you to everyone.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Natalie J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
reviewer
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I was able to request a room on the quieter side of the hotel without any difficulty and the staff member who managed my booking took care to choose an optimal room for me.

This hotel is in very good walking distance to the city Centre, where buses can be picked up for a wide range of locations, including the nearby train station. The location of the hotel itself is very pleasant, there being beautiful and well-used parkland in the vicinity.

The attentiveness, professionalism and friendliness together with the pristine standard of the hotel itself reflects excellent management and training.

The hotel is undeniably excellent value for money, the dinner menu is good and the catering staff are efficient and on the ball.

My bedroom was beautiful, the air conditioning and temperature control system responded excellently to my needs and my bed was very comfortable.

My room and tea and coffee facilities were cleaned or maintained to a high standard during my two-day stay.

More could be done, though, to publicize this particular Premier Inn locally, as people I met had never heard of it and would not have been in a position to recommend it to others.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Liked_it_or_not
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2013

My husband & I stayed here for 3 nights with our two young chidren. The staff were excellent, nothing was too much trouble. Car parking was good (charges are reasonable) & we found a space each time we returned after a day out. Excellent base for Peppa Pig world & for Portsmouth too. Restaurant menu very good for both children & adults, plenty of choice. My only little gripe was they didn't have enough stock of the cider my husband likes & then ran out of his next choice on the 2nd night. Rooms clean & had a good nights sleep every night.

1 Thank carolinem076
Trowbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2013

This hotel is in a good central location in Southampton: near the buses, trains shops and restaurants. I arrived on a weekday afternoon and was pleasantly surprised that I could park right outside the door and leave my car 24 hrs for a reasonable fee. The twin room I had booked had been made up as a double, but they quickly rectified the mistake. The rooms are nice, quiet with little noise from the air-con and the shower was easy to use, unlike most hotels. But I have had better breakfasts at Premier Inns - the dining room is dismal and the continental breakfast bland. Acceptable at the price but not the best I have been to.

Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2013

My children & I met my parents here for a couple days. I always stay at a Premier Inn and this was just as great as the rest I have been to. The 2nd night we were there we celebrated my mum's **th birthday and Colin sang a wonderful Happy Birthday!! He and the rest of the staff were wonderful. Chatty & fun. My daughter & I need to be in Southampton in October & I have already made our reservation.

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor which made getting to the bar, I mean restaurant very easy..
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We stayed here in July 13 and found the car park small (and full) so were directed by staff to a nearby pay and display car park. This is 'pay' from 08:00am and the parking attendants circle like vultures from 07:55am so be aware you need to be up early and get a ticket displayed. The hotel is next to the rail line so we were woken up by trains about every 10 minutes from about 05:00am. I think this will be more noticeable on 1 side of the building more than the other. We were in room 215.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2013

the staff are as in all Premier Inns very good but the whole hotel needs a lot of investment.
Unless you like a long walk to where your car is parked as you can't at the hotel i'd seek an alternative hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
WhitbreadHotels, o at Premier Inn Southampton City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell far short of your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated. Thank you once again for your review.