“Southamppton City Centre”

Premier Inn Southampton City Centre Hotel
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Southampton
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Brilliant Night Staff Check in Assistance. When I arrived the evening attendant immediately notified me I am being upgraded and that there is no parking space and he would walk me to the nearest car park. At 12 midnight I asked if can I park and partially obstruct somebody as I am leaving early anyway and am prepared to be woken up if necessary to move my car. I'm glad they said yes and understood that walking at midnight to park my car is a disaster. I needed the sleep. Appreciate the quick thinking and ability to make decision for the benefit of your customers.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Southampton City Centre Hotel

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel because I have been very impressed with Premier Inn in the past. The rooms were clean but in the twin rooms there was one double bed and a sofa bed which was so uncomfortable! Parking was a big issue for us, on arrival we had to pay for 24hr of parking but when we returned from dinner there were no spaces left in the car park. We had to then pay to leave our car in a different car park in a horrible area that I really didn't want to leave my car in and then walk back to the hotel at night through a dark underpass

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Great Location for Cruising from Southhampton.
Very clean accommodation, good breakfast.
Easy parking outside Hotel.
In the centre of Southampton, great for shopping, eating and nightlife.
great all-rounder,comfortable bed, and room very clean.
Staff very helpful,
Great stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Booked a room for an overnight stay when doing a radio operators course at Southampton power and sail, for which it was very conveniently located. Proximity to the city centre is also good as well as on site parking and the standard very well appointed room. Check in and out was efficient and friendly and I was pleased to be informed that the nearby railway line may cause some disturbance online before arriving, which was never loud enough to be an issue for me. Great for an overnight stop.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We arrived late on a Friday night, met with a smile. Helpful staff. Car park a bit small, rooms are large, clean and very comfortable. Bit of noise from the railway to the rear of the building, closed windows noise went. Breakfast is great, plentiful and hot. Classed as a budget hotel, understated! Excellent all round, close to city centre, easy stroll though park.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dirty linen & bathroom
Room situated on main road very noisy

Would not stay here again
Staff not compliant
Restaurant 1 hour waiting times
Menu poor very expensive food
Was enjoyable but at the price you paid you'd want it to be a great meal

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Southampton City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell far short of your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Apart from the fact that my sat nav couldn't recognise the post code and we drove around for ages trying to find the access our stay was very comfortable and convenient for visiting for visiting friends on the Dawn Princess in the QE2 dock.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends