Holiday Inn Express Southampton West
The Winston Hotel(Southampton)
  • Restaurant
The Blue Keys(Southampton)
  • Pool
All reviewspeppa pig worldpaultons parkbeansroom was cleanfree breakfastsouthampton westshort drivetravel cotyogurtthe ground floorstayed here for nightswould stay againbooked this hotelnew forestbudget hotelincluding breakfastone night stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We chose this hotel for a peppa pig world package & it was in total very good value!
Staff were lovely, free wifi & breakfast included whereas the more expensive hotels always charge for this and any little extras.
Only downside was it was very hot and the rooms don't have aircon and the windows had a safety lock so couldn't open them very far but when the window was open to bring in some air you could really hear all the traffic coming off the motorway.
Overall would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We just stayed at Southampton HIExpress, and this is the feedback I’ve just posted. I really rate this product as I get tissues in the bathroom, hairdryer in every room, a continental breakfast, they now even do a hot, always clean, tidy, welcoming. Their customer service training must be spectacularly good. We actually choose to stay in HIE and travel rather than anywhere else if we can as they are so consistently good. However, this one was outstanding.

I really think these particular people deserve an extra special accolade.Greg, Ania & Amelia.

1st impressions…on arrival, quite late about 6.30 ish, Greg and Ania on duty, I was exhausted, they were both so welcoming. The lobby/breakfast area was buzzing, lots of people and children, could have been a nightmare, and they both dealt with everyone calmly and with lots of smiles and a genuine positive approach. They clearly love their jobs.
Later we came down for a drink and a burger, and still laughing and engaging with the customers, they were dealing with so many people at once and weren't fazed.
Breakfast was brilliant, again loads of kids ( we hadnt realised this hotel was handy for PeppaPig land?) Amelia was great we asked about beaches, and she printed off directions to the best beach! She cleared and wiped off tables, the whole time chatting to various customers and their children. There was a wonderfully relaxed, joyful feel about the whole place. My son, going to a wedding (and we were looking after our granddaughter), had forgotten a white shirt. Greg printed directions to the nearest shirt shop. I was trying to cool some baby food, but the windows don't open very far, and I dropped it. Greg came and unscrewed the window so i could retrieve
it. We stay in hotels all over the world, and this one is outstanding, not just for a budget hotel, but for ANY hotel. The people here are worth their weight in gold. I train customer service, and they are knock your socks off! Greg, Ania & Amelia you are brilliant. Thank You so much for making our stay so memorable. We will certainly be back.
Irene Clarke

Room Tip: We didn't have or need a pool or children's activities. Both our rooms were fine, I can't remember the room numbers! It was the Customer Service that stood out.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Firstly the location isn't ideal as made out online is a fair walk from the main street u have yl walk then get a bus for forty minutes . on arrival "canteen" looked basic! Room booked was double and not twin but emma at reception was really nice and changed this for us. On arrival I requested soya milk and was told they had it and get up for breakfast and there is none which left me with nothing I could have breakfast is extremely basic if u can't have dairy there is nothing for you ! Place is also teaming with young children breakfast area was noisy ! Only positive was that emma at reception. And the beds were comfortable. Highly disappointed with my stay will never come back to a holiday inn express ever!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank snj93
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Southampton West, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear snj93,

Thank you for leaving us a feedback about your recent stay. I am glad to know that the problem encountered with the room type was addressed immediately. We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it is regrettable we fell short of your expectations during your stay. Please accept our sincere apology for the issues you experienced with our breakfast selection. Rest assured that we take all comments and suggestions seriously so that we can improve and provide remarkable service that our guests deserves.

Charisse V
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 19 June 2014

This hotel was our after cruise hotel. We got off the cruise ship, and thought it was close by, but asking directions found it was about 7 miles away. No big deal, but, the taxi cab driver tried to rip us off, beware, the one we had tried to not give us a price and started throwing our luggage into his car, on the ride there he started coming up with all these off the wall prices. I went into the hotel to ask a question and told the lady, the price we were going to be charged, she said it should be about 17 pounds, he was trying to collect 100.00 US. Just Be careful with the cab ride. The Hotel was really nice, very clean, which is big for me. The bus stop is behind the hotel, which we used everyday to get to the center. Worked out well, about 20 min. Also, a few nice places to walk to over the bridge close to the hotel. There is a Mcdonald's, and Mark and Spencer Dept. Store. The people that work at the hotel are nice. The con for me is that the bed's are really bad. We had very little sleep because it is like sleeping on the floor. Room is small, but can deal with that, use to cruise cabins. The breakfast was really nice, and they try real hard to make sure everything is constantly filled back up. The area for breakfast is nice. Would stay again, but wish they would get new mattresses, especially for sofa bed also. Metal pokes your back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank alleyca21t
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Got the hotel as part of a package when we visited the Peppa Pig theme park , the room was modern , the beds were not made to standard and the shower wasn't cleaned properly but everything else was good

In the morning we had breakfast which was better than we expected and overall a good stay

The staff was very friendly and the woman on reception was so helpful

Free wifi worked a treat

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family