“Excellent food, great staff and service - a must if you're in Southampton!”
Review of Quay Fifteen

Quay Fifteen
Ranked #3 of 850 Restaurants in Southampton
Price range: US$20 - US$46
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, View
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are a relaxed fine dining restaurant positioned in a tranquil affluent MDL Marina minutes away from Southampton Football Club's St.Marys Stadium. We offer freshly cooked food and we are proud to use local suppliers as much as possible. We have an "Open Theatre" kitchen for customers to feast their eyes and ears upon and also have a well stocked bar with skilled Mixologists to create bespoke beverages. We are an experienced Team that wish to push Southamptons culinary and berverage boundries. We are open 7 days a week and reservations are becoming a must to avoid disappointment. We look forward to welcoming you to our restaurant!
Wigston, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, great staff and service - a must if you're in Southampton!”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I was looking for a lunch venue in Southampton to meet some American friends en-route to New York on the QM2 and found this restaurant on tripadvisor. The reviews were all very positive and I can certainly say that the restaurant, food and staff all lived up to my expectations. The food was excellent and the service friendly and efficient. We all had a thoroughly enjoyable time, especially as the weather was hot and sunny so we could eat outside. I had a venison burger and chunky chips, which were delicious, followed by the triple chocolate iced parfait, which was superb. My only very minor complaint was that, as a confirmed chocoholic, I could have eaten a bigger portion! A particular thank you to Rocky, the manager, who was most helpful in making the arrangements by e-mail, and was a pleasure to meet on the day. They all deserve their success and I hope it continues. I will definitely be back next time I’m in Southampton.

• Visited June 2014

“OMG!!!!”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Had the most amazing lunch with an old friend and business colleague. The venison burger is 'to die for'. I'd read a previous review about 'leaving some fat in'. How ridiculous, venison is renowned for it's high protein AND low fat qualities. Want fat?....go to McDonalds! The service was brill as was the rest of the meal.

1 Thank Paulpodge
Southampton, United Kingdom
“A Gem of a restaurant”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We visited Quay Fifteen on the 1st July whilst looking for somewhere last minute to have dinner. We looked on Trip Advisor and saw it was rated number 1 so thought it was worth a try... we were right!

We called the restaurant at around 6pm and asked for a table. We noticed a bad review about not being about to get a table so didn't think it would be possible. We believe Rocky, the manager, answered the phone and said he could fit us in at 8pm. Super! They do take a small deposit per person, which isn't a problem.

We arrived and were seated promptly and very quickly ordered some drinks. We were concerned as there was a table or 8-10 people so thought this would delay our order slightly, but it didn’t. The kitchen works with military precision and you can watch them from the dining area. There was a new menu for July and we proceeded to order Textures of Beetroot and the Scallops (images attached) for starters. Both were very nice dishes. The chef later came out and asked what we thought of the beetroot as is was a new dish and was looking to adapt or improve it as necessary. For main we ordered the Rump of Lamb and the A taste of Pig. Again, both very nice dishes (& images attached). The red pepper marmalade on the lamb was out of this world. I would have happily paid for a jar of it. For dessert we had the Lemon Tart and the Goats Cheese, unfortunately we didn't take pictures as it looked so good, we just tucked in. Again, both were very nice desserts. My partner would prefer savory to sweet so the Goats Cheese was perfect. It was served on a small piece of bread/toast which it was a little hard and needed a knife to cut it (rather than a spoon), but he very much enjoyed it. Honestly, this was the only criticism we had with the whole meal. Both the manager and chef came and apologised but it wasn't a problem.

I could have quite easily had another course, and the "Mess" looks amazing. We finished with coffees, and although some petit fours would have been nice, we were more than happy. We are planning to go back on a Saturday for the taster menu.

My final comment is about the staff. There aren't many of them as it's only a small place, but they are very attentive. They don't keep bothering you asking if everything is okay, but they'll casually stop by and see if everything is alright. Likewise, if you do what to chat with them about the restaurant, Rocky is more than happy to talk to you. I also had a lesson in folding napkins, which was fab!! Well worth a visit, and we'll certainly be going back - but maybe just for special occasions.

In Summary – Well worth a visit & book in advance to avoid disappointment.

• Visited July 2014
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Too good to miss!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My husband, my 14 year old son and I, had a lovely evening at Quay FIFTEEN. The restaurant is a modern, sophisticated and comfortable place to eat. All the staff were very friendly, attentive and passionate about the food they serve. Our son is slowly becoming less reluctant to trying different food and he loved all the food he chose, including a try of ours! The food was superb. Ed's mocktails were a great success too!

Rocky had a great sense of humour, Andy and Ed were happy to have us watch them as they worked on our meals and drinks. It was a delight to see our son enjoying such an entertaining dining experience. He couldn't stop talking about his mocktails and how much he loved the food. We will definitely be returning to savour some more! The lemon tart was a great one for the taste buds! Exquisite!

• Visited June 2014
southampton, uk
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellence as standard”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I have eaten in Quay Fifteen on 3 separate occasions now and have never been disappointed. The menu changes slightly every so often so you can always find something new to try. The pork belly is exquisite and the duck terrine was the best duck dish i have ever tasted. The staff are all very attentive but without being intrusive and are very friendly. The whole restaurant is spotlessly clean and i love the fact that you can see the chefs working in the open plan kitchen. Will definitely be dining here again soon.

• Visited July 2014