“Seriously bad attitude.”

The Guitar Store
Ranked #3 of 16 Shopping in Southampton
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: The Premier Music Store in Southampton! An Acoustic Store set out like an Old American Barn, Drum Store like a 50's Diner (Complete with '57 Chevy coming out the wall), and the Electric Store absolutely CRAMMED with stock and kitted out with a Gorgeous Fender Lounge! Mon - Sat 10:00 to 17:30 Sunday 11:00-15:00 We stock some of the biggest & best brands in the world, such as Gibson (Custom Shop, USA) Fender (Custom Shop, USA, Japanese & Mexican), PRS, Ibanez, Schecter, Epiphone, Musicman, Rivera, Blackstar, Marshall, Vox, and many, many more. Our Acoustic store stocks Martin & Co, Gibson, Taylor, Collings, Tanglewood, Takamine, Fender, Ibanez, Ozark, Mahalo Ukeleles and loads more! Over 250 pedals in stock from boutique and mainstream brands such as Fulltone, T-Rex, Keeley, Strymon, Moonphaser, MXR, Mooer, Wampler, Carl Martin, Rivera, Rocktron, Boss, Electro Harmonix, Blackstar, Vox, Dunlop, and MORE! Now stocking Pro Audio ,Recording,Studio Equipment, Audio Interfaces and Sound Cards, Recording Software, Midi Keyboards,Midi Controllers,Studio Monitors, Microphones. Main dealers and stockists for products from Focusrite,RME, Line 6, Roland, Zoom, Native Instruments, Avid Pro Tools, KRK, Sonodyne , Adam, Focal, Universal Audio Apollo, Rode, Sennheiser. M-Audio , Alesis and much more! Our staff are all gigging musicians who have genuine tried-and-tested knowledge of everything we sell and give unbiased advice whether you are looking for your very first guitar or your 100th guitar pedal, or just a 50p plectrum.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Seriously bad attitude.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I was told, with an extremely dismissive attitude, I couldn't try a £1000 guitar unless I was sure I was going to but it.
This would have been nonsensical at the best of times, but it followed a visit a week earlier, when I spent £1,400 on equipment. I was served by the same man.
So while the shop itself is absolutely brilliant, the staff, with one exception of a tall, blond man, leave me feeling like I won't return. Which is a real shame, as the shop is the best in Southampton.

Visited August 2013
13 Thank GeorgeHWStewart
Ed M, Manager at The Guitar Store, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Hi there George,

I'm very saddened to hear you've had a bad experience in the store - especially after ALREADY being a valued customer. I abhor the approach of asking a customer if they are buying a guitar (pretty much asking them if they can afford it, which is nobody's business!!) and it's not something that I personally do. I will make sure that your message gets passed around to all the staff and will make sure they are aware of what good customer service is made of. I apologise for the service you have received in our store.

Many thanks for bringing this to my attention.
Kind regards,
Ed - the tall blonde man

Southampton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best Shop For Miles”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

This is such a cool shop that has loads of guitars and pretty much anything you can ever need. They just recently opened a drum store as well which is crammed!! Perfect place to come to.

Visited February 2014