“Fantastic”

Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Nepalese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Fantastic food attentive knowledgable service, probably the best Indian restaurant in soton and we have eaten in at least 75% of them.

1  Thank Graham C
There are newer reviews for Basmati Nepalese and Indian restaurant

Reviewed 27 August 2014

I actually found this place on trip advisor a few weeks back and went along with some mates. a 5 star Nepalese restaurant sets the expectation level high, I'm glad to say Basmati lived up to the rating.
Like most of Bedford place mid week out of term time, it's very quiet, we almost didn't go in because one worries about dining in a place with only one or two other guests. No need to worry here, the staff treated us as honoured guests, explained their menu, made recommendations, adjusted dishes to suit fussier diners, and even made up an experimental Peshwari Naan stuffed with Keema that my mate Dr Tom dreamt up. Delicious it was too.
I've no hesitation in recommending this place, one of the best "indian" restaurants in Southampton at the moment.

Krishna S, Manager at Basmati Nepalese and Indian restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2014

Thanks you for taking your time to write this review. We are pleased that you we were able to live up the exception! We are always willing to listen to our valued customers and assist them in their needs, we are very pleased that you found the"experimental Peshwari Naan" tasty.
Thank You again!

Reviewed 24 August 2014

I find this restaurant as the very good restaurant i have ever visited. The food, service, atmosphere and price in this restaurant are all very excellent.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

A fantastic place.
Beautifully cooked food.
Fantastic Service and lots of very happy diners, complemented on how good everything was.
Great Ambience and would recommend.
I ordered Mo:Mo, which was spicy dumplings either filled with Chicken or Lamb and an Aubergine side, it was delicious.

1  Thank koffrin
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Understated, genuinely friendly and food delivered with passion.

I have never really tried Nepalese before my visit, but I have to say, it was different in a good way. Subtle seasoning and spicing complemented my lamb to perfection.

These guys care about their food and it's origin, three of us left full of happiness.

1  Thank Woodiee