“Really poor”

Grand Harbour Hotel Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: The Spa at the Grand Harbour Hotel features an indoor swimming pool, spa pool, steam room, sauna, gymnasium, 4 treatment rooms and a nail bar. A range of spa day and residential packages are available.
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Really poor”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

I booked to stay here with my partner as a treat ,the hotel was nice the rooms were clean and comfy ,we didn't eat here so can't comment on the food ,we had a couple of treatments booked which were really nice and the girls were great ,we wanted to use the pool and other facilities ,but the pool area only had a couple of seats ,the jacuzzi wasn't working the steam room was dirty and not that hot not that I stayed in it for to long because of the grottyness of it ,no drinks available by the sauna ,the changing rooms are too small,the shower area well dated shower head falling off the wall,taps for the shower were all loose and falling off ,if I had been told about this before booking ,I'd of gone elsewhere,we left straight away in the morning and didn't use the pool because of the way it was ,really disappointed ,won't stay or come to this hotel again .

Visited May 2014
Laura R, General Manager at Grand Harbour Hotel Spa, responded to this review, 24 December 2014
24/12/14 - Please note this new review area on the attractions site has only just come to our attention as there is already a full hotel trip advisor site running, hence why this review has not been previously replied to. We take all feedback very seriously and our team are dedicated to ensuring all issues and concerns are attended to immediately and to this end we do encourage all guests to speak with our Guest relations Manager whilst on site if we can assist in any way. I am pleased to say the issues mentioned in this review have been addressed and rectified where required.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We booked a spa day through online deals and whilst the treatments were great there was nothing much else to do. The pool area looked grotty and the jacuzzi was boarded up. I would not recommend this place at all! We left just after lunch and went shopping instead. On a positive note the staff were all very helpful, polite and generally pleasant.

Southampton, United Kingdom
“Spa day with afternoon tea”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

We booked a spa day at the Grand Harbour Hotel through an online deal and added an afternoon tea. The spa itself was lovely and I had the best massage for several years. The ladies running it were lovely. The gym was small but the equipment I used was very good quality. The staff here were also very helpful and polite. However, the pool area, jacuzzi and changing rooms were very poor and unclean with broken/missing tiles, rotten wood in the changing rooms, broken lockers and a particularly unpleasant smell in the jacuzzi. I understand this area will be undergoing much needed improvements.

Afternoon tea was also a disappointment. We had phoned in advance as we have several dietary requirements and were assured it wouldn't be a problem. However, upon arrival we were left waiting over an hour while they visited a local shop to purchase bread and cakes, and even then had made mistakes and didn't have food to match the dietary requirements. I didn't expect to be given Asda products from this hotel, especially when other hotels have managed to provide amazing home made afternoon tea options for me. Our experience was akin to Fawlty Towers but not as funny.

I would return for a massage but nothing else.

Bournemoug
“Horrid”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

My sister and I Took a friend for a spa day and enjoyed it up untill we used the facility's downstairs. It was Absolutely disgusting. I am aware that they are refurbishing soon, but that's no excuse for the appalling lack of general cleanliness. The place was filthy. There was green mould on the floors by the pool, mould in the filters, blood on the tiles which we made staff aware of and NO ONE came to clean it. Not only is that disgusting but also dangerous ! There was muck in the sauna and a horrific smell coming from the steam room. Sanitary bins were overflowing, and dirty swimming towels all over the floor that needed to be washed. The staff didn't seen to care that people were complaining. There was no apology it was just "ohh.. Ok" . I will be filing a complaint to the hotel and hope to get a response and a refund/free spa day when they have completed the referbishment. I am a beauty therapist By trade so I know how high standards have to be to get a Good reputation, and unfortunately the grand harbor hotel does not have that !!

24/12/14 - Please note this new review area on the attractions site has only just come to our attention as there is already a full hotel trip advisor site running, hence why this review has not been previously replied to. We take all feedback very seriously and our team are dedicated to ensuring all issues and concerns are attended to immediately and to this end we do encourage all guests to speak with our Guest relations Manager whilst on site if we can assist in any way. I am pleased to say the issues mentioned in this review have been addressed and rectified within our full refurbishment and the new management team in the Spa.