“Great breakfast”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Great breakfast”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Was looking for a good cooked breakfast. Looked at the menu and took the plunge. Wasn't looking for Michelin star overrated stuff and got nice sausages, great bacon, tomatoes, baked bean and hash browns. Nothing flashy but well cooked breakfast - was lots of diners who agreed. Friendly staff and what a Sunday breakfast should be.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Richard N

Southampton
“Dangerous and raw”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Was here with my boyfriend for about 15 mins. When our meat buffet started coming out the 1st meat was chicken, RAW! Sent it back, 2nd meat was pork, RAW!
Dangerous to eat here! Left immediately!

• Visited August 2014
samzahid, Manager at Samba Bar and Grill, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you for your review , We are very sorry that you were not happy with the way our meat were cooked . we can assure you that our rating with the food and hygiene agency are excellent . we would never serve raw meat ,and our methods of cooking ensure that all meats are cooked evenly and thoroughly . we look forward to welcome you back ,and guarantee you will have a wonderful dining experience with us .
New Delhi, India
“Poor experience”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I had high hopes going in for lunch. The lunchtime offer is reasonable, with chicken and two sides for around GBP 8. I don't know if the waiters were just having an "off" kind of day where they didn't feel like working, but there were only two sets of people in the restaurant - me and my friend with her baby, and two giggling young women (note: I am not yet 35 myself). There was a young man meant to serve both tables, but on more than one occasion, he would tell us he would be with us and then went to flirt with the girls. It got to the point where I went and asked for the menu and bill myself, for despite informing the person I presumed was this Lothario's senior, nothing changed.
I figure if I too was 20 years old and giggling at his lame efforts at flirtation, my experience at this place would have been different. But as it was, I felt more the server for my table than he was - and he had no problem letting us know that we were messing up his "game" by asking to be served. Maybe a low-cut top and a mini-skirt would have got me my lunch, but the point is, it shouldn't matter.

• Visited July 2014
i am so sorry that you feel the server was not attentive , i can assure you that you will have a better experience on your next visit .
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Quick snack for two, 5-star service”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We were looking to have a quick snack at lunchtime, the waiter was very attentive, he suggested we share one of their platters, can't remember what it was called, but it ended up being more than just a small snack for the two of us: 4 drumsticks, and three sides of your choice (these were massive) so it was good value for money.
Too bad we didn't get to try the rodizio.

• Visited July 2014
“Much less salty”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Been to a few restaurants of the same style. I admit that while the buffet lacks behind other places their meat is much much better. There may be less choice in certain areas but where the salt is a lot less I was able to get through a lot more than other places. The small buffet didn't matter as I was here to indulge in meat (and pineapple). Out of the other places around the city I personally prefer this place. Reviews are good but at the end of the day it's down to what you think :)

1 Thank Villaman85