“Slightly below average”

Melo Restaurant
Ranked #222 of 926 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: Persian, Bar
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Went to Mello for a dinner with my family. Humus was clearly served out of a tin, bread wasn’t freshly made onsite, meat was a bit dry and not seasoned enough, I asked for a chilli sauce and got a huge bottle of buffalo wings sauce instead. Everything was slightly below average, so not sure about the 5 star reviews.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

First time I’ve ever been here, and not disappointed the portions are huge and the prices are really good. The food was delicious would of loved a dessert but trying to explain food allergies was a bit of a nightmare. They can do gluten free as standard on mains but don’t add a diary free diet into the mix as the waiters look very confused at you so best not order dessert.

Reviewed 21 May 2018

Always order mixed grill (either for 2 or 4). Portion is absolutely humongous! Meat is very well seasoned. You can also mix the rice with butter as well to enhance the flavour. Quality of food is definitely at a high standard. Staff are all friendly and helpful.
I have already visited a couple of times, will definitely go again with friends.

ssmelo, Manager at Melo Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Thank you very much for such a great review. we work really hard to make the best food and atmosphere for our customers.
Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Me and my partner visited Melo this evening never been there before or eaten Persian food, but this was lovely, portion very big, we had the mixed grill for 2 which was really tasty. The staff were very friendly and helpful.
Would definitely visit again

So glad you enjoy our food and our staff are always there to help with whatever you need. thanks for your reviewe and hope see you soon.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

Well, what can I say I have been to some bad restaurants but this one has topped it today. First of all, I have never been to a restaurant that you have to pay first before you get your food. Secondly when you go to a restaurant your supposed to feel like your at home and invited. I felt like I was about to go to prison. Lastly, The food and service was mediocre need some salt.

1  Thank bobbyblues2018

We are sorry that you are unhappy with our service and food. I surprise that I read you never pay before you eat! Many restaurant and pub in the UK have the same rule that when you order your food at the bar, you pay for the food as well. In our restaurant, if you seat outside (shisha area), you need to pay when you order. The reason is our shisha area is on the street and is not inside the restaurant. But if you seat inside the restaurant and eat inside, we never ask customer pay in advance.
I am sorry about your feeling in our restaurant, but I didn't understand why you had this feeling?
Finally, about the food and services we try to do the best and sorry that our efforts have not made you happy!
Hope see you again and make a better experince for you.