“A good night out with friends”

Pitcher & Piano - Southampton
Ranked #180 of 887 Restaurants in Southampton
Price range: US$0 - US$51
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 June 2014

P&P is our chosen venue for a few drinks out with friends. We reserved an area for a friends birthday back in April. Music, food, spacious, clean toilets (hard to find these days) Yes drinks may be a little on the expensive side of things but that is the price for that area of Southampton. Never had a fish finger sandwich like it and really enjoyed my lamb burger. Staff appear friendly and service is fairly quick. Enjoyable on Friday & Saturday nights of afternoon drinks at the weekend. Visited it again this weekend, nice glass of Pimms & ale from Ringwood brewery. What more do you want?! Good location on the marina, however the new development adjacent to it is taking its time and is a bit of an eyesore, don't let that put you off

PandP-Soton-Team, General Manager at Pitcher & Piano - Southampton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Hi there, thank you so much for your great review - we're pleased you enjoyed your fish finger sandwich! We hope to see you again very soon! Pitcher & Piano Southampton

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I think I have said it all in the title, really!

Went there for a lunch meeting. Nice comfortable place on the Quay with interesting views. While I was waiting for a friend to arrive I bought an orange juice took a look at the menu. Everything was very expensive, even the most simple, fried snacks and the staff told me there would be an half hour wait for food. The place was less than a quarter full!!
We decided to move on somewhere else.

PandP-Soton-Team, General Manager at Pitcher & Piano - Southampton, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Hi Tony - Thank you for your review - I'm sorry that you didn't stay for food, where you would have experienced our Grazing Deals (the side dishes you refer to) and that they really are good value for money - 2 for £8.50 or 3 for £12.50. We advise our customers the maximum waiting time during busy periods, so you don't feel rushed once your food arrives, and you can make the choice of whether to wait or not. I hope you decide to visit us again, Pitcher & Piano Southampton.

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Visited here recently for food and drink. The Bar service from stef and matheus was as good as always, nice food and a refreshing pint of rekorderlig to go with it :) will keep coming back!

PandP-Soton-Team, General Manager at Pitcher & Piano - Southampton, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Hi Ben, Many thanks for your great feedback - we hope to see you again soon. Kind Regards, Pitcher & Piano Southampton

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Me and my partner come here often for a light snack and a bottle of wine but we have never tried a main meal or the cocktails before. I ordered the pork belly which was simply incredible. The meat was succulent and the maple sauce sweetens it perfectly. My partner had a chicken and avocado salad which she described as 'very refreshing'. We both also enjoyed a 241 cocktail on the bar. I do have to say that first impressions were questioned when the small bar tender serving us looked about 15 but can he make a cocktail!? He can indeed. We had two rhubarb, tyme and ginger martini which he had recommended. After throwing some ice around and catching it here and there we got our cocktails which looked, smelt and tasted excellent. I would certainly recommend a visit to this place. The staff are lovely, prices are reasonable and the views are perfect. Look forward to visiting again soon.

Hi John,
Many thanks for your kind words - we hope to have you back in the bar soon. Kind Regards, Pitcher & Piano Southampton

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I visited the Pitcher and Piano last Saturday after deciding with some friends we would pop out for a few drinks. The first thing that struck me was the location, the marina looked amazing in the sun! We ventured in to order our first round. I really enjoyed the selection of draft beers they had, quite a few that i'd never seen before. I was slightly daunted and the bartender could see I was struggling to decide and explained to me the differences and the tastes of the different beers. With all this information it made it much easier for me to confidently try something different! Our original plan was just to pop out for a few drinks in the sun. But siting out on the terrace watching the boats time seemed to fly and soon the sun was going down and that's when the bar really came to life! I went in to order another round and was struck by how much fun the bar staff were having and how they were including the customers in all of there jokes. it really made you as the customer feel like part of the team! it was amazing, with all of this laughing and joking, how efficient the bar was. no one was waiting that long and the drinks were coming out fast but still very well made. A few of the bartenders were doing some tricks with bits of ice and lemons which was very impressive, even if a few did get dropped.
Overall from popping out just for a few midday drinks to being one of the last groups to leave at the end of the night! I would recommend this bar to anyone looking for a picturesque place to sit in the sun or a cool trendy bar to spend your weekends in. This place had something for everybody and I will definitely be returning soon!

Hi Derek,
Many thanks for your great feedback - we hope to see you again soon! Kind Regards, Pitcher & Piano Southampton.