“Pleasant” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kachina

Kachina
Ranked #114 of 840 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Lunch Spot, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Buffet, Karaoke
“Pleasant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Me and my fiancé decided quite late on a Sunday to go out for something to eat, we walked past it then decided to go back and go in, the staff were very welcoming, polite and happy, we chose a set meal which we have never done before, the food came out and it was lovely, we even had left overs and they kindly put in a doggy bag to go home with, I'd recommend booking a table in advance as there buffet menu for all you can eat looks good

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Exceptional”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Someone once said to me that on review sites the 5* reviews are written by the owners and the 1* by disgruntled staff.

I rarely give 5* to anything. But the Kachina deserves every one of my 5 stars and probably a few more.

I took my soon to be in laws for a meal with my soon to be wife. They all are big fans of Chinese food and so can be critical. They couldn't fault a thing.

I have been a customer of the Kachina since it opened having known the original owner. Understandably I was concerned it would change, it has in fact got even better.

The staff are very accommodating and the food is delicious, fresh and we'll flavoured. Quality and quantity meet perfectly.

I love this restaurant and will continue to wine and dine friends and family at what I believe to be the best Chinese buffet for many many miles. Exceptional.

Southampton, United Kingdom
“Set menu”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I ordered a set menu for six people with an extra two portion of spare ribs, When I phoned through my order to be delivered the day before it was required, I specified that it was a meal for my mother's 70th birthday. I asked for it to be delivered at 6pm and agreed, a fifteen minute slot either side of this time would be ok. My order turned up at 6.30pm. Every single dish was cold/warm, the ribs were tasteless with no sauce, the shredded deep fried chicken were like bullets and in my opinion not edible. I certainly would not recommend or use this restaurant again and have been left feeling very disappointed.,

• Visited April 2014
5 Thank Michelle L
Romsey, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food and great service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

We have been a number of times now and have always had a great meal whether it be from the standard menu or from the Buffet menu.

This evening we were a party of six including 2 children and 3 vegetarians. The food was great and they kept offering more starters to the point that we were pretty full before the main course arrived.

The staff were very friendly and helpful as always and were very attentive to our needs.

Great restaurant, great food and great service - what more can I say : )

• Visited July 2014
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Buffet for 4”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

We had a buffet meal last Friday which was great! We had family visiting from Norfolk. They loved the food so much last September that they requested we go back there! The staff are much more friendly than 5 years ago! At least the staff smile and are not rude like the last lot all those years ago!
We thoroughly enjoyed our meal but were too full for a main course! To top it all if you reserve the day before(not Saturday) you get second meal half price!!!! Wow that was a surprise.

• Visited July 2014