“Over Rated - Tasted Better !!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Harry Ramsden's

Harry Ramsden's
Ranked #166 of 846 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: Seafood, Fast food, British
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Over Rated - Tasted Better !!!!”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Expensive !!! Over cooked, re-heated, you can do better ! Plus at busy times you can be very lucky to find a place to sit and eat anyway in the Food Forum in West Quay. This is just "fast food" at its worst - I tried it twice but definitely would not waste my money again - go across to BHS they do a nice fish and chips there !

Visited August 2012
1 Thank southernbelle758

Bournemouth
“Fast Service good Fish”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Whilst visiting West Quay we found this fish restaurant, service was fast and efficient, portion size of fish very acceptable the chips were also a good portion and was served HOT. On the downside would have liked a Pea Fritter but they only do mushy peas, perhaps in the future they might introduce this in this unit. Will certainly visit again in the future

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank ianexamsBournemouth
Brightwell-cum-Sotwell, United Kingdom
“Old chips”
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Couldn't find a fish and chip but found this one in the main shopping centre. Ordered 3 medium cods, sat and ate and saw that the chips were well old, no flavour and had some green and black bits - not very appertising to say the least. Fish was okay, very small portion made up by the fat batter. Asked for a refund as not up to the normal quality and got it.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank adman020
Havant, England, United Kingdom
“great fish and chips”
Reviewed 4 May 2013

love going here always jolly staff very busy place but always made to feel welcome, is a little pricey but love the atmosphere

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Beverley U
Dartford, England, United Kingdom
“Can't complain”
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Came here for a healthier lunch as opposed to KFC/Burger King etc over the weekend. I ordered the battered chicken chunks with chips and a drink. The portion were on the small side but surprisingly it filled me up and I was happy.

The service was a bit bemusing, I was given a tray with my drink on and said the wait would be around 5 minutes, okay not a problem I thought. I sat at a table and after 10 minutes or so I heard someone behind the counter shout "chicken chunks and chips!?!" I turned around and saw a woman with my food in the air, I thought I probably should get up and get them.

I was a bit surprised at this and assumed my food would be brought to me. Other customers received their food to their table during my visit...

• Visited April 2013