“New Menu Dishes”
Review of Puccinis

Puccinis
Ranked #60 of 852 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Southampton, United Kingdom
“New Menu Dishes”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

This restaurant has just been refurbished, great decor, it also has a new menu with additional meals added like the Cod Loin, 'Murluzzo' beautifully prepared and cooked just right, topped with cherry tomatoes, side salad and fries, a good size portion too, it went down a treat, if your a fish person give this dish a try, the restaurant has a good atmosphere, lots of noise and chatter, average price for drinks, friendly staff, it was busy on a Thursday evening.

• Visited March 2014

• Thai first
Southampton
“Great for parties!”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I recently booked an engagement meal for my sister at Puccinis. We were a large group (13).
We had a really nice evening. The food was good, tasty and fresh, it was hot, all came out at the same time (which some restaurants do not even manage with a small booking). Marta and her team helped us with little surprises for my sister and her fiancé. Marta and her team were also really nice and helpful and were not fazed at having a full restaurant with large parties. Would definitely recommend and I will be returning. I've also dined a few times with smaller numbers and always had a lovely hot fresh tasty meal with great service.

• Visited March 2014
Stafford, United Kingdom
“Great Dining Experience”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Visited Southampton over the weekend. Stopped for dinner before going to the Mayflower theatre. Generous portions, great value for money. Loved seafood pasta with fantastic garlic pizza. Friendly, efficient service. Saturday evening before 6.00 p.m. and the restaurant was already half full. We were very happy, when we left. Would definitely recommend. Chef, can you please stock up mint chocolate chip ice cream :)

Southampton, United Kingdom
“no campassion”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Myself and my family visited Puccini's for a birthday and unfortunately my daughter suffered a nose bleed and was rushed to a&e. We had only just received our main meals when all this happened and so we had not eaten the food, but the manager there made us pay the full bill for all food and drinks even the ones we had not actually consumed before leaving for a&e.
I complained to them about what had happened and have never had a reply.
absolutely appalling, no compassion and an insult to human rights!!

3 Thank Hayho83
Shirley P, General Manager at Puccinis, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Customer,

Thank you very much for your Trip Advisor review concerning your experience at Puccini’s restaurant.
I would however like to highlight the things that you neglected to mention.

You thanked me in your recent letter for all of the help and understanding that I showed during the evening when your Daughters nose started to bleed and that I took the time to personally call you the following day to check on your Daughters progress. I believe that my actions show a great deal of compassion which I believe results from having a very young Daughter of my own

In your review you state that none of the main meals ordered by your table were touched or eaten in any way.
Our recollection is that the meals had actually been part eaten and a member of my staff had visited your table to enquire if everyone was enjoying their meal to which they replied yes.

I did reply to your complaint on 4th March whilst your review appeared on Trip Advisor on the fallowing day.
I explained the reason for my delayed reply was due to me being on holiday and your email unfortunately being deposited into the junk mail box so it was a few days before I discovered it.

I also offered your husband a complimentary main meal if you wished to return on Mothers day with your children who could all enjoy the Kids eat free offer.
This would result in only yourself being charged for one individual meal.

Kind regards,

Newport, England, United Kingdom
“Authentic Italian”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Came here for Valentine's Day.

Nice authentic restaurant with a strong Italian theme. The open kitchen made a nice change. Was a bit noisy but that was the other people talking, nothing the restaurant itself could have done.

We had the antipasto sharer platter to start, which was amazing. In some places with this dish all you get is two types of meat and some cabbage (which we had actually in Italy at a VERY expensive restaurant and were very let down!), however this one had a wide selection of meats, with salad garnish, olives and balsamic dressing. Very tasty! I had the pollo colloseo which was delicious, whilst my partner had the prawns (which were a little spicy). For dessert we shared a brownie because we were so full! Drinks were reasonably priced as well, when we received the bill we were pleasantly surprised.

Overall a very pleasant evening and we would definitely return again. A better Italian restaurant than some that we visited actually in Rome!