“Excellent restaurant”
Review of dock o' the bay - CLOSED

dock o' the bay
Price range: US$16 - US$82
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: dock o' the bay is a restaurant and bar with great food and service in a fun relaxed atmosphere. It's been open 13 years and in this time we've had so much fun and looked after so many lovely people. We have a huge amount of regular customers and these range from living just around the corner to in completely different towns, cities and even countries and we always welcome new visitors. TripAdvisor has been an incredible help to us over the past few years and long may it continue! Come and see us and see what you think...
“Excellent restaurant”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We dined there on a Friday night and they managed to fit us in without a prior booking. The food is really excellent and the service was exemplary - really helpful and pleasant. I can highly recommend this venue for a good relaxing evening

Visited July 2014

• Thai first
“Great little haven in a rubbish row”
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

We live not far from dock I the bay and were shocked when we moved in that such a lovely little place was nestled in the middle of a nasty Chinese and dominoes etc! It's perfect for us if we want to take a stroll on the common and then come back for a posh coffee. They do lovely cakes and I brought most of my family here last December for a fantastic roast dinner! Love this place and would recommend it to all! Do you offer booking out the restaurant for parties?

Southampton, United Kingdom
“Heart of the community, food for the heart”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Dock O The Bay is our go-to restaurant for good, hearty food and a lovely atmosphere. We live just around the corner so it's a real treat to have a restaurant in our neighbourhood that we know we can rely on when we're feeling lazy or have something to celebrate. As well as coming here for meals we've also decided to have our wedding reception here in October based on the excellent word-of-mouth we've heard.
I probably ought to review my last trip specifically. We decided to pop round about 7pm as we couldn't be bothered to cook or order a takeaway. What is always nice is that the place always seems to have a good number of patrons, even on a mid-week evening but is rarely so busy that you have to book ahead. We arrived, were greeted by Bridget (who has been an absolute star when it comes to our reception and is always friendly and welcoming) and ordered bread and olives to start. For the main course I had the carbonara which was exactly what you want in a pasta dish; huge, full of flavour and the perfect comfort food. My other half was much more sophisticated and had flavoursome sardines in a funky salad with a side order of potatoes, I am reliably informed that this was great too. We plumped for desserts after a little cajoling and I got stuck into an incredibly rich sticky toffee pudding (what's not to love about sticky toffee pudding?).
I really just wanted to post a good review because we love Dock O The Bay and we're so glad to have it round the corner and we think that if you're in this part of town you really can't go wrong. They have their normal menu which changes fairly regularly, they have interesting specials that are different each time we go and they now have a pub classics menu which (from what I saw) offers pretty enormous portions for £10 a pop.

Southampton, United Kingdom
“Great Place”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We have been meaning to go here for ages and decided to take advantage of 20 per cent discount offer which you can sign up for on their web site. We went early on a Friday evening after work. I really enjoyed the meal and drink. There was a warm welcome and a good atmosphere. This is a great place to drop in after work or for a special occasion. Dock O The Bay is really quite unique and I would not hesitate in recommending it and I will be returning often.

kent uk
“Excellent place to pop into!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Stayed at a BB who recommended we visit this what they described as a little bistro. We did not have a table booked so had to wait half an hour before they took our order but when the food arrived it was well worth the wait! we both had the lamb, beautifully presented, yummy to eat and despite the staff running round like headless chickens they were smiley, effecient and friendly. We had starters, main, deserts and two large wines and the bill was less than £70! Would def recommend the dock o the bay to anyone!