“Great food, location and atmosphere” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Empress of Blandings

The Empress of Blandings
Reserve with OpenTable
The Empress of Blandings is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #81 of 840 Restaurants in Southampton
Price range: US$12 - US$31
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Cheap Eats, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Mazarron, Spain
“Great food, location and atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Just enjoyed a great lunch here. The menu is varied and the staff are very friendly. Situated on the edge of the forest this is great for a lunch and then a stroll.

Visited May 2014

“Great meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

I visited here a few months ago and the food was ok but last night I was blown away by how nice my meal was. The staff were very friendly and the quality of food was really high.

I had Bubble and squeak for starters and the fish shop platter and it was fantastic.

We will visit again soon.

Ps. Had no change so apologies for the lack of tip!!!

Visited May 2014
new forest uk
“excellent place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

Great pub restaurant good food halls Woodhouse, serve some great bitters would definitely recommend to friends and family

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Poole, United Kingdom
“Pleasantly surprised!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

I was a little concerned that The Empress of Blandings might have been a bit "posh" for my husband and I but I shouldn't have been concerned. The staff were lovely and friendly (possibly a little to attentive, we were asked 4 times if our mail meals were ok!) The food was hot and very tasty and their was plenty of it! My husband had the Harrisa Chicken and I had the gammon both of which were excellent. Desert was good too! When we stopped it was still quite early on Sunday evening so reasonably quiet but we did wait quite a while for our mains but that wasn't a problem for us as we had been travelling for quite sometime and it was nice to relax with a drink. We will definitely stop again!

• Visited May 2014
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Sad”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

Booked a family meal on Easter Sunday. My grandson ordered a burger, he complained it had bits of gristle in, my husband tried some and agreed it did not taste right thinking it was undercooked. My grandson left the rest. We didn't complain although we should have. On arriving home my grandson was sick. The next day my husband was sick and felt unwell all day.
Also there was a member of staff who we felt was over friendly and dropped dirty dishes on me, I did get a free dessert for this. Very sad about this visit as we had always enjoyed coming here in the past. Won't be returning in a hurry

• Visited April 2014