“Tasty Lunch”
Review of Banana Wharf

Banana Wharf
Ranked #73 of 852 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, View, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Tasty Lunch”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Ate here as a family of 6 and everyone was pleased with their meal... the fajitas especially were a highlight. Great choice on the menu and the service was fast and efficient. Worth checking out!

• Visited July 2014

• Polish first
“Sadly , very disappointed :(”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We booked Banana Wharf for my daughters 14th birthday, it was something different and was looking forward to a varied menu...
On the website and on the phone we were told half portions were available for children ... my youngest likes steak and we were told there could not be a kids version, only on pizzas and pastas?! So a £16 steak dinner for a child it was. The steak was tough .... my mum and husband had the roast dinner, reasonably priced but bland and dry , my mum hardly ate any of it....
The pizza was great. ..
My other daughter had curry which was mostly sauce and a spoonful of stodgy hard rice...
I had a VERY overcooked pasta dish, which again, was OK but kind of expected better for 11 pounds
Overall , I suppose you would be happy if the pricing wasnt so high for average food... anyway it cost 100 pounds for 6 of us , bear in mind three were children and we only had one drink (non alcoholic) each.
Could potentially be very good , location and cleanliness wise just not as good as we were hoping for

• Visited July 2014
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Lovely food, shame about the service ”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

The food was really nice, we had a couple of starters and a main, and couldn't fault it. Unfortunately, the service was seriously lacking, not one of the waitresses that serviced us seemed to crack a smile. Would go back based on the food, but service would make me think twice. It was a Sunday evening, so wasn't busy, and I get no one wants to be at work, but you're paid to smile.

Southampton, United Kingdom
“Love love love”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My boyfriend and I both have our birthday's in May, We like to go out for a double celebration and chose Banana Wharf for something special.
We managed to book 2 days in advance for a Saturday with no trouble at all.
When we got there 10 minutes early our table was already waiting and they were happy to seat us.
Our Waitress was lovely, attentive but didn't hassle us every 5 minutes.
I had the seafood tortellini. Absolutely brilliant, ice little chilli kick. The desert menu was a little limited but what we chose was lovely all the same.
Not cheap but definitely worth going for special occasions!

• Visited May 2014
Crowthorne, United Kingdom
“Real value and quality breakfast”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Well a buffet breakfast. Help yourself , and as much as you like. Staff very helpful and friendly. Includes tea, toast, coffee, unlimited. All for £9.50. What a bargain. Glad we found this place

• Visited June 2014