“Excellent food and great atmosphere”
Review of Pulcinella - CLOSED

Pulcinella
Price range: US$40 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We had our company Christmas meal here in December and the food was first class and the staff were excellent. I highly recommend this restaurant and will visit again soon.

Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

I visited Pulcinella with my company as it was out Christmas party. The menu looked promising. I didn't have a starter as there was nothing to my taste and I am glad I didn't as they did not come out as mentioned on menu. For main I chose a chicken breast stuffed with sun blush tomatoes basil and mozzarella wrapped in streaky bacon in a pool of tomato and chilli sauce. The chicken breast came out and it was just rolled chicken breast with bacon it was not stuffed with anything which was very disappointing as they did not deliver on what they advertised. I asked for no chilli in my tomato sauce due to a sensitivity the restaurant had plenty of notice on this but I think there was still a hint in there. The vegetables were nicely presented in a dish lined up in colour and the roast potatoes were better than mine I think they must of been cooked in goose fat. This did not make up for the lacking main meal.
For dessert I chose Panna Cotta this you could tell was home made. They had put too much gelatine in as it wobbled too much and it didn't taste of creme anglaise (vanilla custard) it tasted of milk no vanilla at all and the mixed berries that came with it were nice as berries go. The music started a little too late as we had finished eating and people that had to get up for work the next day had to go just after the meal then the music started about fifteen minutes after. The meal itself was very rushed, there was no break in between courses it was out with one course straight in with another making no time to allow your stomach to settle. This meant the meal was over very quick which made us all feel a bit rushed. All in all a good night thanks to the company. The crackers on the table were cheap and there was only one bottle of wine per table instead of one red and one white it was one or the other and you could not swap it as they had been opened prior to arrival. Would I return no, it is out of the main part of town and easily forgotten. The waiting staff were nice but the manager was grumpy and we felt like we were keeping him up by dancing to the music till the end!

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Had a very tasty meal with my family on a Saturday lunch time. I love the Bedford Place area of Southampton, so this was a real find. Food was delicious, service was really good...friendly but not intrusive. Properly made coffees and hot choc to finish. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Visited Pulcinella on Monday 7th October with my parents for my mums birthday.

Once again, the food was delicious, the service excellent.

Had a lovely dining experience.

The antipasti was superb!

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Visited this restaurant in Southampton last month and used my new fine dining card.
The menu covers a large selection of pasta, meat and chicken dishes with specials and meal deals on different nights which seem popular. I have eaten at better but this restaurant is good for a basic meal, probably not for a special occasion though. My favourite dish is the pork in Marsala sauce, my friend reliably informs me that the burger is great and the chicken dishes are always good.
On a pleasant day/evening there is an outside terrace to enjoy while not the most special is still a nice find.