“Brilliant”

blackpool
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Delicious fresh pizza excellent customer service and lovely live music on saturday night . Affordable prices considering location. I would strongly recommend it to everone from age 18 to 1000 fantastic atmosphere! !

1 Thank sztagan

Southampton, United Kingdom
“Pray you get a nice waitress...”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I went to Pulcinella twice. The first time, everything went well. Nice staff, nice pizza without too much wait even though the desserts were clearly frozen..
Second time, well, it didn't go so well. It was a Saturday night and the restaurant was quite busy, but they should be used to this... The food took ages to arrive, when we only ordered a pizza, and a few sides - antipasto, breads.. Then we wanted to get the bill but couldn't find any waitress and our attempts to grab their attention was unsuccessful. We then went to the bar, where the (drunk) owner called the waitress. Then we asked to pay seperately to which the waitress replied "Are you f***** kidding me?" I have waitressed before, and I know it can be a pain, but keep the words to yourself and then go moan in the kitchen. Don't say it in the front of the customers! Of course the owner was standing next to her and didn't say a thing, and on top of that manage to make us all (4 girls) feel very uncomfortable with his comments...

I really enjoyed my pizza the first time, but my second experience really put me off this place. Too bad.

1 Thank foodie1808
Romsey, United Kingdom
“Mediocre”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

A vey mediocre experience, but it was a Wed night. No atmosphere, no table cloths, nothing authentically italian really. Menu very limited, even when compared to sample menu online.However my husband did have the Wednesday special speak and he was very pleased with it and it was good value too. Everything else very average. No little touches like breadsticks on table or italian music. Not sure how much or how little of the menu is homemade, but when i asked about which desserts were homemade, not all of them were. I chose the homemade tiramisu, it was heavy, not light and creamy, and dry. Perhaps just not fresh - I dont know. Choc fudge cake and banoffee pie out of packet, and so not italian. Disapointing experience as I like to try small independent restaurants.But maybe this was not independent, I dont know.
Service was nice and polite, but wouldn t bother going again as there is so much better around.l would say not any better than a chain, but not very authentic, and maybe a chain would have had more atmosphere.

• Visited March 2014
“Good fast friendly service”
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Came here with my boyfriend on a visit to Southampton. Very friendly efficient staff, nice decor, and delicious food. We asked for the heating to be turned on which never happened, but apart from that, very good. They also accept Taste Card.

Southampton, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and great atmosphere”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We had our company Christmas meal here in December and the food was first class and the staff were excellent. I highly recommend this restaurant and will visit again soon.

• Visited December 2013