“Others may not like it - BUT I would recommend this place if you like REAL Italian food”
Review of Pulcinella - CLOSED

Pulcinella
Price range: US$40 - US$50
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Ireland
Reviewed 28 January 2011

If you like authentic Italian food then this place for you, a decent price with good food and an excellent atmosphere at the weekends.

We took a friend here because it was close and having been so impressed with the food have returned with other friends.

Antipasta was excellent as was the steak ...

Visited December 2010

Southampton, United Kingdom
“Table set up not great but food fab and the staff excellent”
Reviewed 19 October 2010

We went to this restaurant for the first time due to a groupon deal, before that I'd never heard of it as it is tucked away in a back street. On arrival I was disappointed with the layout, basic tables and chairs and very close to other tables so privacy was an issue and personal space not that great; it felt very dining room like.

I was very impressed with the variety of things on the menu and the prices, and all of my group thought the food was excellent quality and extremely tasty. The waiting staff were friendly and police, the service was efficient and fast, no unecessary waiting times at all.

Despite the disappointment of the layout I will definitely go back there, and it won't be long either as the food, prices and service are what is in important. I highly recommend this restaurant.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Cheerful atmosphere, pretty average food but you get what you pay for. I like the menu even if it's not cordon bleu.”
Reviewed 4 January 2008