“A very warm welcome”

Ellenborough House Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Southampton
Ellenborough House Guest House
Ranked #8 of 43 Southampton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 November 2012

I stayed at the Ellenborough House for a month before moving into my own flat in Southampton. Nicola had been recommended to me by a couple of colleagues who had also stayed there. I was not going to be disapppointed. Nicola and her mum made me feel so at home accommodating my every wish. When i needed a fridge for my medicine, they readily provided one for my room. I felt looked after in every way. The rooms are very comfortable with lots of storage, the shower is a treat, and the cooked breakfast a delight. I still miss them and i will recommend the guesthouse to anyone. Dr Michaela Brockmann, University of Southampton

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank MichaelaBrockmann

Reviewed 11 September 2012

We just returned from a cruise, out of Southampton . We stayed at the Ellenborough House. Great place,small room but worked for us ,easy walk to Town,Water Front ,Old Town and two Pub,s/Restraurant in area,very good. Arrived early, and was greated by Nicolos Mother,warmly.went right to our room ,there.s a great ,Day room, Breaskfast was a Home made English one, Cook By Nicola, " Great" .

Room Tip: We were at the back
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TGusa
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Moving back to Southampton, and familiar with the city, I booked into Ellenborough House on the strength of the reviews here and the fact that it is a pleasant 20-25 mins' walk from the University of Southampton Highfield campus. As others have mentioned, the place is kept spotless, and Nicola is an excellent host, is always happy to oblige, and provides a breakfast that cannot be faulted. The only fly in the ointment for me was one or two guests who were less considerate of others than might have been expected. But all in all, Nicola gets five stars from me.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank ADBell
Reviewed 21 June 2012

The Ellenborough is a conveniently located bed and breakfast with spacious rooms. My double room en-suite was very comfortable with flat screen tv, free wifi and a basic tea and coffee tray. This bed and breakfast is on a busy, main road in Southampton but my downstairs room was very quiet and I wasn't aware of any traffic noise. The breakfast is what one would expect and Nicola makes a good, cooked breakfast in no time at all.
There is a pub down the road, which offers basic fare but it is not within easy walking distance of other places to eat or any shops. Other than this issue, I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank ironmancrazy
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Ellenborough House is a mixture of standard and en-suite accomodation economically priced for the Southampton market and deserves an upgrade on its present ratng.
The rooms are clean, well furnished and spacious with many applicances not normally available in a three star rated establishment.
Breakfasts are well cooked with high quality food and Nicola is particularly friendly and helpful with any requests or queries.
I have no hesitation in recommending this place to anybody wishing to visit Southampton.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Edward H
Reviewed 27 May 2012

On a recent trip to Southampton, my wife and I stayed with Nicola, made welcome from the start, we enjoyed every minute. If you are looking for a good nights sleep in a clean and comfortable room, followed by a freshly cooked breakfast, all to the highest standards, look no further, this is for you. I have to visit Southampton again sometime in August and as soon as I know the exact date I will be e-mailing Nicola with my booking

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank peter t
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I stayed one night whilst working locally and I have to say this is the best b&b you could ever hope to find. Unassuming from the outside, once inside the place is spotless and with more facilities in your room than many a 4 star hotel (from free wi fi to cotton buds) Nicola is a perfect host and the quality and freshness of the breakfast was perfect. Incredible value for money.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business