“Like being home”

Ellenborough House Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Southampton
Ellenborough House Guest House
Ranked #8 of 43 Southampton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 April 2013

The best guesthouse I have ever been, which is now like my second home. I came to Southampton to work at the University for some months and couldn't find a decent room in any shared house so I decided to stay in this lovely B&B. My room was cosy, comfortable and tidy, the house is always clean and warm, the shared bathrooms are spotless and the breakfast is fantastic!
The location of the house is excellent. Just 10 minutes walking to the city centre, the coach and train station and very close to the University of Southampton.
Nicola and her mom are very nice and will make you feel at home everyday.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank traveler11Barcelona
There are newer reviews for Ellenborough House Guest House

Reviewed 25 February 2013

I stayed at this guest house in February 2012 for 3 nights while I was doing a life support course at the Southampton General Hospital. Despite being alone, I was given a double bedroom which was quite spacious. I really liked the newly refurbished en-suite bathroom. The room was cleaned up on a daily basis and the complementary tea/coffee tray was topped up everyday as well. TV service and internet access were also included. The breakfast was decent and was cooked by Nicola herself according to my likes. Nicola gave me a warm welcome and was very approachable and polite.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank johnxuereb
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Mum and I needed somewhere to stay while visiting a relative who was in Southampton General. We were made very welcome by Nicola and her Mum, nothing was to much trouble, they were both very caring and helpful in a difficult situation.
Twin room was very comfortable and spotlessly clean. Very good breakfast menu and all cooked to perfection.
Would definitely recomend Ellenborough House to anyone, a warm and very friendly Guest House.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Rita G
Reviewed 8 November 2012

I stayed at the Ellenborough House for a month before moving into my own flat in Southampton. Nicola had been recommended to me by a couple of colleagues who had also stayed there. I was not going to be disapppointed. Nicola and her mum made me feel so at home accommodating my every wish. When i needed a fridge for my medicine, they readily provided one for my room. I felt looked after in every way. The rooms are very comfortable with lots of storage, the shower is a treat, and the cooked breakfast a delight. I still miss them and i will recommend the guesthouse to anyone. Dr Michaela Brockmann, University of Southampton

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank MichaelaBrockmann
Reviewed 11 September 2012

We just returned from a cruise, out of Southampton . We stayed at the Ellenborough House. Great place,small room but worked for us ,easy walk to Town,Water Front ,Old Town and two Pub,s/Restraurant in area,very good. Arrived early, and was greated by Nicolos Mother,warmly.went right to our room ,there.s a great ,Day room, Breaskfast was a Home made English one, Cook By Nicola, " Great" .

Room Tip: We were at the back
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TGusa
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Moving back to Southampton, and familiar with the city, I booked into Ellenborough House on the strength of the reviews here and the fact that it is a pleasant 20-25 mins' walk from the University of Southampton Highfield campus. As others have mentioned, the place is kept spotless, and Nicola is an excellent host, is always happy to oblige, and provides a breakfast that cannot be faulted. The only fly in the ointment for me was one or two guests who were less considerate of others than might have been expected. But all in all, Nicola gets five stars from me.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank ADBell
Reviewed 21 June 2012

The Ellenborough is a conveniently located bed and breakfast with spacious rooms. My double room en-suite was very comfortable with flat screen tv, free wifi and a basic tea and coffee tray. This bed and breakfast is on a busy, main road in Southampton but my downstairs room was very quiet and I wasn't aware of any traffic noise. The breakfast is what one would expect and Nicola makes a good, cooked breakfast in no time at all.
There is a pub down the road, which offers basic fare but it is not within easy walking distance of other places to eat or any shops. Other than this issue, I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business