“Lew. It's like being home from home.”

Ellenborough House Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Southampton
Ellenborough House Guest House
Ranked #8 of 43 Southampton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 April 2013

It is very good guesthouse ,the rooms are very clean and tidy ,most important it's very comfortable,
It's like being at home. I work near Southampton as a contractor ,and I enjoy staying here.Nicola
Is alway very helpfully .

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 22 April 2013

This is an unforgettable lovely place. I stayed at this guest house for 6 weeks while I was doing a post-doctoral training at the Southampton General Hospital. I stayed in a lovely en-suite double bedroom which was very pretty and comfy. Since I stayed for a long period of time, Nicola kindly offered me a small refrigerator and even cleaning my cloth every week. The room was cleaned up daily and a complementary tea/coffee tray with delicious cookies was topped up every day. TV and internet access is included. The everyday breakfast was fantastic!
The guest house is very centric and about 15 minutes walking distance to the city centre, the coach and train station, and to the University. It is very close to the hospital bus stop (~1 min walking distance).
Nicola and her mum are very lovely and kind ladies. They are always with a smile in their faces. Thank you Nicola! I enjoyed staying in your place. Best wishes!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Nelis S
Reviewed 4 April 2013

The best guesthouse I have ever been, which is now like my second home. I came to Southampton to work at the University for some months and couldn't find a decent room in any shared house so I decided to stay in this lovely B&B. My room was cosy, comfortable and tidy, the house is always clean and warm, the shared bathrooms are spotless and the breakfast is fantastic!
The location of the house is excellent. Just 10 minutes walking to the city centre, the coach and train station and very close to the University of Southampton.
Nicola and her mom are very nice and will make you feel at home everyday.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank traveler11Barcelona
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I stayed at this guest house in February 2012 for 3 nights while I was doing a life support course at the Southampton General Hospital. Despite being alone, I was given a double bedroom which was quite spacious. I really liked the newly refurbished en-suite bathroom. The room was cleaned up on a daily basis and the complementary tea/coffee tray was topped up everyday as well. TV service and internet access were also included. The breakfast was decent and was cooked by Nicola herself according to my likes. Nicola gave me a warm welcome and was very approachable and polite.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank johnxuereb
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Mum and I needed somewhere to stay while visiting a relative who was in Southampton General. We were made very welcome by Nicola and her Mum, nothing was to much trouble, they were both very caring and helpful in a difficult situation.
Twin room was very comfortable and spotlessly clean. Very good breakfast menu and all cooked to perfection.
Would definitely recomend Ellenborough House to anyone, a warm and very friendly Guest House.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Rita G
Reviewed 8 November 2012

I stayed at the Ellenborough House for a month before moving into my own flat in Southampton. Nicola had been recommended to me by a couple of colleagues who had also stayed there. I was not going to be disapppointed. Nicola and her mum made me feel so at home accommodating my every wish. When i needed a fridge for my medicine, they readily provided one for my room. I felt looked after in every way. The rooms are very comfortable with lots of storage, the shower is a treat, and the cooked breakfast a delight. I still miss them and i will recommend the guesthouse to anyone. Dr Michaela Brockmann, University of Southampton

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank MichaelaBrockmann
Reviewed 11 September 2012

We just returned from a cruise, out of Southampton . We stayed at the Ellenborough House. Great place,small room but worked for us ,easy walk to Town,Water Front ,Old Town and two Pub,s/Restraurant in area,very good. Arrived early, and was greated by Nicolos Mother,warmly.went right to our room ,there.s a great ,Day room, Breaskfast was a Home made English one, Cook By Nicola, " Great" .

Room Tip: We were at the back