Ellenborough House Guest House
The Winston Hotel(Southampton)
Average 3/5
    • Pool
    • Restaurant
    All reviewshome from homesouthampton general hospitalb bpleasure of stayingensuite roomplace to staybreakfast was amazingfull english breakfastwithin walking distancecomfortable bedswould definitely stay here againgood sizestayed here for one nightnicolaguesthouseaccommodationmushrooms
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 14 May 2013

We stayed 4 excellent and enjoyable days at Ellenborough House in early May.2013. Nicola is a fantastic hostess! She cooks a super breakfast. The house is spotless and she does many extra things to make your stay enjoyable. Absolutely nothing was lacking, not even great directions for sightseeing. She would get a 7 star rating as far as we are concerned. Parking is off street right in front of her house. You will be glad you chose Ellenborough House

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
    1  Thank PreachaPharm
    Reviewed 29 April 2013

I came to Southampton to work at the hospital for two weeks. Nicola was very welcoming and nothing was too much trouble . My en suite bedroom was comfortable ,warm and cosy and most of all very quiet. Nicola kept the place clean and spotless and I always looked forward to coming down for a perfectly cooked breakfast, cereals, toast ,fresh juice etc.
    I was given the use of a small fridge during my stay which was very handy. Because Ellenborough House is nearly opposite The Common I was able to go for long walks, but also it was within walking distance to the hospital and into town. Otherwise the bus stop was less than two minutes walk down the road. So very handy.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
    Reviewed 23 April 2013

It is very good guesthouse ,the rooms are very clean and tidy ,most important it's very comfortable,
    It's like being at home. I work near Southampton as a contractor ,and I enjoy staying here.Nicola
    Is alway very helpfully .

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
    Reviewed 22 April 2013

This is an unforgettable lovely place. I stayed at this guest house for 6 weeks while I was doing a post-doctoral training at the Southampton General Hospital. I stayed in a lovely en-suite double bedroom which was very pretty and comfy. Since I stayed for a long period of time, Nicola kindly offered me a small refrigerator and even cleaning my cloth every week. The room was cleaned up daily and a complementary tea/coffee tray with delicious cookies was topped up every day. TV and internet access is included. The everyday breakfast was fantastic!
    The guest house is very centric and about 15 minutes walking distance to the city centre, the coach and train station, and to the University. It is very close to the hospital bus stop (~1 min walking distance).
    Nicola and her mum are very lovely and kind ladies. They are always with a smile in their faces. Thank you Nicola! I enjoyed staying in your place. Best wishes!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
    1  Thank Nelis S
    Reviewed 4 April 2013

The best guesthouse I have ever been, which is now like my second home. I came to Southampton to work at the University for some months and couldn't find a decent room in any shared house so I decided to stay in this lovely B&B. My room was cosy, comfortable and tidy, the house is always clean and warm, the shared bathrooms are spotless and the breakfast is fantastic!
    The location of the house is excellent. Just 10 minutes walking to the city centre, the coach and train station and very close to the University of Southampton.
    Nicola and her mom are very nice and will make you feel at home everyday.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo