“Highly Recommended!”

Ellenborough House Guest House
Ellenborough House Guest House
Ranked #8 of 44 Southampton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Nicola, thanks a million for looking after me so well during my 3 weekends in your lovely guesthouse. Your warm welcome and friendly, attentive manner made me feel really at home, especially when arriving on late flights from Dublin. Warm cosy rooms, tasty breakfasts and a lovely kind hostess, all made for a very pleasant stay. Thanks again! Amanda

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
honeySouthampton, Owner at Ellenborough House Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Thank you Amanda for the lovely review. I was so pleased that you were made to feel so welcome. Would also like to send you best wishes for your wedding next year. Nicola.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Hi Nicola, Thankyou again for putting looking after my parents when they came to visit, they had a great weekend and have asked me to leave you a message! Also extremely happy with the cost of the room, and great location!! Thanks again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I have been at Ellenborough House for 2 weeks now (recovering from an op) and I really can't believe how attentive Nicola has been. She checks on me several times during the day (I can't do much so I spend a lot of my time in the room) and always asks if there is anything I need. She has gone above and beyond what any other B&B owner would do. Nicola is a gem and while I can't comment on the breakfast (I don't have breakfast), I urge anyone visiting Southampton to come and stay at Ellenborough House. There is a pub on the corner and a café and other small places to eat right around the corner. The city centre is a 20 minute walk away. You will be made to feel at home - nothing is too much trouble for this lady and her mum.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
honeySouthampton, Owner at Ellenborough House Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Thanks Andrea I'm so pleased you were very happy at Ellenborough House.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

We stayed here before getting a ferry, shame it wasn't longer though! Room was clean and breakfast delightful. We had a warm welcome, even at 21:00! Would definitely stay again and recommend to others.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We travelled down from Scotland on Friday 6th September to meet up with my son who works on one of the cruise ships and was docking in Southampton on the Saturday. We needed somewhere to stay for two nights and I found this B&B on trip advisor and booked it after reading what others had written. I would usually have gone to a Premier Inn or something similar but read the reviews for some of the local ones and was horrified by how bad they were! Hubby suggested I try a B&B so since Ellenborough House and its hosts had excellent reviews it seemed to be an obvious choice.
The place is ideally situated just a few minutes away from the docks and I have to say that it is absolutely immaculate! Breakfast is indeed as lovely as the reviews suggest and you could not fail to be satisfied with the comfort and welcome you get. Prices are extremely reasonable and to be honest the ladies who own this B&B are to be commended on having such a well run establishment, it would put some of the big places to shame! I don't know when I will need to stay in Southampton again but I wouldn't go anywhere else!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Peachesanj
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We traveled down to Southampton to visit family and stayed in Ellenborough House for one night. We couldn't get into our usual B&B but that one and another recommended Ellenborough House which was very lucky for us. Nicola is a lovely lady and our stay was like visiting family. Nothing was too much trouble, the breakfast was excellent, the room was large with wonderful high ceilings and both the room and en suite were spotlessly clean. I would definitely recommend this B&B and this one will be our first port of call the next time we are in Southampton.

Room Tip: Room 7 was spacious and very quiet. Best night's sleep I've had away from home.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susanne L
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Luckily we stay here for our visits to the Southampton Bowling Open in July. Nicola is such a lovely lady and runs this nice facility very, very well.
Breakfast is something to really look forward to each day.....
Thank you for another pleasant week.

Room Tip: Probably slightly better at the back, but nothing to quibble about.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends