“So looking forward to what has become an annual trip! Then over charge has put a dampener on it!”

South Winchester Lodges
Deal, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

This is our third trip to South Winchester lodges. And they never fail to please. Which is
Morning ,recommendation in itself. Each visit has always been a long weekend stay in the winter, at a discount rate. However this year has been somewhat dampened by the fact that I waited for the special early bird offer to appear in December and promptly booked my lodge at a discount of 20%. However I did not notice that the 20% reduction had not been made at the payment. Not realising until the time of our break. So I contacted them to query this. I received a reply that the offer had not been on when I made my booking even though I clearly remember booking through the early bird offer. There word against mine I lose! although I'm sure they could check back to see that the offer had been added to the website when I booked.Hence I was charged £100 more than I expected. Which after 3 loyal visits has put us off returning.as we feel slightly ripped off. So if booking take care with the website and make sure any discounts are deducted at the time of payment.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank grubs490
WinchesterLodges, Owner at South Winchester Lodges, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
This matter has already been discussed with the guest and the matter resolved.

No offers were running on online bookings when this guest choose to book therefore discounts cannot be added retrospectively a month later when the guest raised this issue. This was explained to the guest and they responded with the following.

"Thanks very much for checking. Our mistake then! I hope the weather holds out for us as we always enjoy our time at the lodges."

This booking was made online and not direct with us over the phone. Therefore it is up to the guest to agree to the quote and make payment at the time of booking. No contact was made directly with us until a month later when the guest was due to check in. As with buying airline tickets etc if you choose to book online it is the responsibility of the guest to make that booking and accept the price quoted.

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Blandford Forum, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We have just spent the New Year 2013 at South Winchester Lodges, on arrival we were delighted with the two lodges we had booked. We found them to be very spacious, light and airy. All the rooms were huge not what we were expecting for a lodge! The kitchens were incredibly well stocked with cooking utensils, plates, cutlery and pans. I cooked a full roast dinner for eight people on New Years Day with everything I needed.

We also had very wet and windy weather over our stay but found the lodges to be very warm and soundproofed from outside.

They were also immaculately clean and tidy. The furniture and decor was tasteful and good condition.

The hot tubs were also lovely, clean, warm and very well maintained.

We will definitely stay again we had a lovely break thank you!

Room Tip: We stayed in lodges 10 and 11
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2014

My daughters booked us a 3 bedroom lodge between Christmas and New Year as a treat for my 60th birthday and it was wonderful. As there were 6 of us and 3 children we filled it to capacity but it still seemed spacious. We were in number 14 which was well located and didn't feel at all overlooked. It was well furnished with enough seating for us all, a large dining table and comfortable beds. Everything was beautifully clean and well maintained. The kitchen was very well equipped with plenty of crockery and equipment including a good oven and dish washer - which was unusually quiet so we were able to use it at anytime even though it was in an open plan area. We were also provided with cots and an extra put you up bed. The location is quiet and relaxing but is also within easy reach of Winchester - the guide book provided gives details of walks in the area and there is a large supermarket just up the road. Even in the cold weather we sat out on the furnished terrace area to appreciate the location and facilities! We would not hesitate to book again - maybe in the summer when we could use the big barbecue and go on the walks.

United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We have been here before and loved it then but wondered whether a winter break would be as good but wanted to see the Christmas market in Winchester and visit the shopping cemtre in Southampton.
We had a fantastic time and the lodge was the perfect place to be staying.
We didn't book a hot tub this time as quite honestly my family aren't that brave when it cold outside but other were enjoying theirs as the water was hot and steaming - really quite Scandinavian.
I don't know how anyone could have found their lodge either dirty or looking worn ours was immaculate and after nearly five years since we first stayed here - they weren't all built then - they have been kept as new by the Ross family who manage the site
We are a fussy lot and my wife will pick up on anything but that's why we so like the lodges. Perhaps I should say why I like it is that she is always delighted that after her usual inspection she has always given the Lodge a perfect ten - not many places have that honour.
I would just like to give a big thank you for letting us have another great break in Winchester

Room Tip: All the lodges that I have stayed in have been great - you just have to decide how many bedrooms you...
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here a few times now over the past years. The lodges are now part of the holiday. Cannot think of anything to fault them. Quiet and in a great location, will be back in May. Excellent for our family break and better than other holiday rentals we have used in the past by a long way.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 December 2013

We had such a lovely stay at South Winchester Lodges. The lodges are so beautifully decorated inside and outside which made the whole stay very special. The staff were extremely friendly and gave me information on some great dog walking areas locally. We have already booked our stay for next year and I can’t wait. It’s lovely to be able to stay somewhere so perfect so close to a lovely city.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah G
southampton
Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here to visit friends in the area. The lodges were well equipped, extremely clean and cosy. The staff were all friendly and very helpful when booking, upon arriving and popping in to make sure all was ok. We visited the Chirstmas market in Winchester which is well worth a visit. We had such a great time we've decided to make it a yearly event to relax before the festivities.

• Stayed December 2013