“Early dinner”

The Ivy Winchester Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ivy Winchester Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #69 of 220 Restaurants in Winchester
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stunning restaurant with lovely seating , we booked on line which was very straight forward, greeted at the front desk by friendly staff we were seated straight away and very impressed from the off, great drinks menu and our drinks order taken quiet quickly, ordered our food I had the prawn cocktail lots of big prawns very tasty quiet expensive for what it was, mains were steak and chips and the whole lobster and that was worth the money , lots of staff in the restaurant but not very attentive had to wait along time for drinks and as I had ordered wine and they put it behind us in a cooler out of the way it took ages for a refill , I would of expected more highly trained waiters for this sort of restaurant. We will go back but I won’t be rushing to do so . Watch out for the service charge on the bill but it is optional.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Lovely looking building, with planters all around the outside seating at the front of the restaurant. Impressive. The inside is beautifully done, however, there is a problem with acoustics, it is exceedingly noisy. There is an extensive a la carte menu with the addition of an expensive fixed price menu, compared to other restaurants in this town. You may not find a better looking restaurant in Winchester, however, you will probably find a better burger or fish and chips and cheaper steak and chips than on the fixed price menu plus £3.50. Worth a look though.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The big task ahead of the Ivy is managing the over exposure as a chain, people rightly expect an awful lot of the Ivy.

Winchester has typical Ivy interior design, average service coupled with distinctly average food.

The shape and size of the resturant is a believe lacking in originality, such as Cheltenham Bristol and Bath really do have.

It’s unreasonable to be critical because this is a very good resturant offering the people of Winchester an eating with dining out experience better than the average on offer, yet it is going to find it tough maintaining the full house sign once the new experience fades in my opinion.
It doesn’t set itself out to be a culinary experience either, and that’s because it isn’t. Just a very good night out.
7/10.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I took my father here for Sunday lunch and was really impressed. From the moment we walked in, until the moment we left, I felt as though we were given excellent service. The food was delicious and we shared a bottle of wine which wasn't too expensive. I know people moan about expensive wine, but this happens everywhere and I felt as though there was plenty of "cheaper" options available. I had brunch here also (Eggs Benedict) and that was excellent and great to sit outside in the sun. I will be back and recommend it to anyone.

2  Thank James V
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I had the pleasure of visiting The Ivy in Winchester for some late evening drinks and food! After a wonderful reception and fantastic service with a smile by Tara on the front desk, we were able to be seated quickly with drinks and food ordered. With fantastic recommendations by Josh for the Nespresso martinis we had to try them! They were Out of this world! The food was also wonderful with great service by all our staff! But a special mention to josh and Tara, and our server! I can’t wait to come back again soon!

1  Thank Sam W