“outstanding stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
stoke-on-trent uk
“outstanding stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

stayed here like the previous reviewer as part of the paultons break. first impressions were great, a lovely clean and fresh hotel. check-in was efficient, we had a family room at the end of the corridor, which was clearly done so as to not experience any noise, the room was fresh and had everything we wanted ( although I couldn't plug my external hard drive into the tv to be able to watch a film and for my son to watch peppa pig). we ate in the restaurant, the food was excellent, as was the service ( we had to send 1 meal back due to finding a hair), but it was rectified quickly and we received a complimentary drink and another main course. breakfast was equally as good. all the staff were pleasant and attentive at all times. we particularly liked the free coffee and bottled water.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank minxietwo
siobhanthomasson009, General Manager at Holiday Inn Winchester, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear minxietwo,

Thank you for such a lovely review! I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed all our facilities and although you had a problem the team were able to quickly and efficiently sort this for you.

Thanks again

Siobhan Thomasson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Slovak first
Adelaide
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

This Holiday Inn was clean, well maintained and quiet.Staff were pleasant and professional.With a Holiday Inn you know the facilities and standard of rooms and beds you expect, and Holiday Inn Winchester exceeded my expectations..

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you Carpetshark for a lovely review.

It is great to see we exceeded your expectations! We pride ourselves on offering genuine customer service.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed in the hotel as part of the Paultons Park/Peppa Pig World package and we were hugely impressed. Our family room was enormous (the only quibble, certainly not a complaint was that the bath was slightly small for a family room), extremely clean and quiet. We ate in the bar in the evening (children under 10 ate free as part of package) and the food was lovely. Ditto with breakfast, one of the better breakfast buffets I've had the privilege of eating. All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Would highly recommend this hotel for anyone choosing it as part of the Paultons Park package.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jake_palmer
Thank you jake_palmer for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay and such a lovely one too!

It is great to see that you enjoyed your stay and I hope if you are in the area again to see you.

Hannover, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at this particular Holiday Inn.

Although the rooms I have no complaint about, everything is clean and tidy, with comfort, and all the facilities are in order, I have a gripe about the breakfast.

You have an option to buy breakfast in advance for £9.50 (which bizarrely we were not informed about and only discovered this when it was too late). Or you can spend an extortionate £14.50 on the day, which we were confronted with by THREE employees when we came down for breakfast the day of our departure.

Room Tip: My tip is: If you are willing to pay £9.50 for a breakfast, book it in advance or ask at check in, o...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
siobhanthomasson009, General Manager at Holiday Inn Winchester, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you Graham B for reviewing your recent stay.

I appreciate your comments regarding breakfast, as a note, we do offer bed and breakfast rates that prove to be excellent value compared to booking room only and taking breakfast on the day. These rates are available both online and over the telephone. The team will always be happy to assist you in choosing a rate to best suit your requirements.

I am pleased that you found the rest of your stay to be comfortable and do hope that you will consider us in the future

Sark, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed for two nights prior to a cruise. Writing this review using a public computer in the hotel lobby, on my return, prior to lunch and a taxi transfer to Southampton Airport. All the staff without exception are great. Special mention must be made of duty managers James aqnd Amy, both of whom were most helpful. Laura on reception, too, is great. The restaurant staff, too, are fantastic, Jessica in particular being a real gem. Restaurant food is way above the standards normally expected, and I am as I write looking forward to Sunday lunch. The rooms are good, too - the larger executive rooms are fantastic.
It goes without saying that I shall be back, probably when next cruising from Southampton.
A really big thank you to all concerned.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are fantastic!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
Dear Sarkanglican

I was so pleased to read the review of your recent stay with us. I will ensure I share your comments with the team and know that James, Amy, Laura and Jessica will be thrilled that they were able to make your stay that little bit more special.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Winchester when you return to the area

England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here attending a conference back in November 2013 and thought I had reviewed but after recently checking my account I see that I hadn't!
The hotel was very clean and comfortable and the staff were highly efficient. They were always welcoming and as I had stayed for 3 days they remembered my choice of drink and likes in the restaurant which was always nice.
The gym, although small was practical and easy to use. I would defiantly recommend this hotel and would use again if in the area.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
siobhanthomasson009, General Manager at Holiday Inn Winchester, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear poppiesbrother

Thank you so much for such a lovely review. I was so pleased to read your comments and I will ensure I pass them over to the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the area

Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Could not fault this hotel. The staff were very welcoming, lovely layout, perfect with our little one as this was a stop over for peppa world. Our room was 107, the window was onto the outdoor bar area, at first we worried this might keep our son up, but there was no noise(I did peek out and people were there so must be down to the windows!) would highly recommend to anybody with a child.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
siobhanthomasson009, General Manager at Holiday Inn Winchester, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
What a fantastic review MarkLambert86,

I am delighted that you all enjoyed your stay and your visit to Peppa Pig.

I do hope if you are in the area again you will stop by,