“Beautiful B&B”

29 Christchurch Road
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Winchester
29 Christchurch Road
Ranked #19 of 51 Winchester B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The house is gorgeous, the room beautiful. Comfortable beds, delicious breakfast, kind and helpful hostess. Spotlessly clearn, and in a lovely quiet area. Just a little stroll from the Cathedral and shops. Honestly - look no further if staying in Winchester.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank penky

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed for 2 nights and couldn't have been made more welcome or more comfortable. Olivia had thought of everything and was always ready to listen or give good advice about any aspect of our stay. The house and rooms were spotless and very tastefully decorated. A large lounge was also available to us. Breakfast was delicious and generous. All our tastes were catered for. Olivia even made a special trip to the market as one of us fancied kippers.
The house is on a quiet residential road, parking was right outside the door and the centre of Winchester was just a short stroll away. Thank you Olivia, we all had a fabulous time. Hope to come back one day.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent. They are all on the first floor. The single room has a magnificent, hug...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Stayed for 3 nights with my wife at this wonderful place. We were greeted by Olivia upon arrival.
Warm and welcoming. Room was clean, I mean REALLY clean, comfortable and quiet.
Breakfast was wonderful. Olivia, the owner, was the most helpful and forthcoming person I've met in a long,long time. We were given good and valuable information about what to do, where to go and how to get there. Parking was no problem, as we were given parking permit.The location is perfect for a visit to Winchester; just a few minutes walk to centre of town. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My daughter and I stayed here one night. It was very comfortable and well-situated. However, although I specifically asked about parking and was told a parking permit would be provided it was not available to us as another guest needed it. Also we were told on check-out that payment was CASH ONLY. This was not mentioned in e-mail communications and is not prominently noted on the website, so it is easy to miss. We had to drive into town to get cash which was a hassle. So be forewarned and note the cash-only policy in the payment section of the website .Also make sure you ask about wifi at check-in as you may not be able to find the owner other times. Beautiful house, good location, comfy bed and bath; but be prepared with cash and don't count on available parking.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
OliviaFD, Owner at 29 Christchurch Road, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Thanks for taking the time to review my B&B. Off road parking is indeed always available to guests, up until they check out. No permit was offered for your visit as one is not needed after 4pm or until 10am and you arrived at 5.30pm. Had you been staying a second night, you would of course had the use of a parking permit. Unfortunately as I was full the following night I did not have a spare one to lend you.

Thanks for you helpful comments about wifi and payment. It has never been a problem in the past, but I will make sure that I draw my guest's attention to the notes for guests in the rooms.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

my partner had booked this hotel for a night stay in Winchester. On arrival we was greeted by Olivia the owner who was really welcoming and kind.

ROOM: we had a double bedroom with en-suite shower.
- the bed was really comfortable you will not be disappointed Olivia has only the best Hungarian Down which has been purchased from Harrods and believe me when i say this helped me to have such a great sleep.

- the water softener which has been installed in this B&B is immense, again one of the best showers i've had, Olivia has really gone the extra mile into her hospitality and no wonder this B&B is rated as one of the best in the area.

FOOD:
one of the best breakfast i have had and my partner would agree with this, Olivia cooked us a hot breakfast and we could not fault anything it was perfect.

Thank you Olivia for a great nights stay in your B&B, be sure to have us over again soon. Would recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: No Swimming Pool or Fitness Centre as this is only a B&B
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I travel on business quite a lot. Over the years I have begun to hate all those bland hotels and have turned to quality B&B's instead. This B&B is placed in a quite street away from the main road. Very peaceful. A few minutes walk from plenty of pubs and restaurants. Room was comfortable and very quiet. Breakfast was petite but beautifully formed - some of the best smoked bacon I have ever had. Far better value than most faceless hotels in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 January 2014

A truly comfortable, congenial, and beautiful place to stay. Best food I've ever had in a B&B. Easy walk to the town center too. Recommended without qualification! I will definitely stay here again when I return to Winchester.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo