“Lovely bed and breakfast in a beautiful setting”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Winchester
Cathedral Cottage Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #9 of 54 Winchester B&B and Inns
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Lovely bed and breakfast in a beautiful setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Myself and a colleague stayed for two nights whilst attending a conference at The Cathedral. We had a lovely stay and were made to feel very welcome and looked after. We stayed in the garden room, the accommadation was very clean, it was nice to have fresh milk in the fridge for making cups of tea and coffee. Christine cooked a fantastic breakfast and was also helpful in providing us with a map and giving us some ideas of where to go to in the town. Lovely house in a beautiful setting. Would definately recommend it and would go back if I find myself in Winchester again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Auckland, New Zealand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

The cottage was not available when I wanted to stay so Christine offered me room in her house.
What a surprise that was when it was situate between hers and her sons. I asked is see if she had a charger I could borrow only to be snapped at that she didn't have to supply those, she also snapped at me for using her phone even though I had asked. I would have used my mobile but something was wrong with my adapter and it had gone flat.
It was a terrible stay and interesting that she has reviews from one week and six days ago as the lady staying in the cottage she said she lived there. Christine did make a nice breakfast even though she knew I was leaving after one night not staying the three I planned to.

Room Tip: Don't say in her house if offered. If I offered someone a room in my house it would not be situa...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Jetswell
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed while on a bike trip and a great time. The room was excellent with en-suite and the breakfast was great. We were made to feel really welcome and it's right in the city centre, however feels really quiet and peaceful by the cathedral. I would recommend and would love to stay again next time I'm in Winchester.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Anthony W
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed for one night in the cottage. Christine took great care of us, was very welcoming and offered great local knowledge. The breakfast was fantastic, and it was nice having tea and coffee facilities in the room. We would definitely go back. I would recommend this b and b to anyone who wants to get away from a soulless hotel experience.

Room Tip: Garden room more private
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

This is a small B&B on a quiet street. Nice back garden. Close to the cathedral and the walk along the River Itchen. Hostess Christine is warm and prepares a great full English breakfast. Also, she has helpful restaurant recommendations. Christine and her husband have sailed around the world. They have great stories about their travels. I had booked in for two nights and decided to stay a third.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

We were in the cottage, and it was lovely. We were traveling with our 9-year-old son, and were able to get a twin set up with our queen bed. The space was tight, but it was very quiet and comfy. We all slept well and awoke to a wonderfully prepared breakfast. It was really a great way to see the city, as it was literally steps away from everything. It is also across the street from a lovely garden and playground.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

Such a relief to give my money to a real person, rather than a hotel chain. Christine & Gareth were welcoming and charming hosts, the room warm & cosy (even at this time of year) and the bed was really comfortable. Christine cooks up a good breakfast, with fantastic bread, and stories, and walking through the house was not a problem - they are a very relaxed couple, so it didn't feel in any way awkward as another reviewer has suggested. Perfectly located & Highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple