Mrs. LTB at The Coach House
US$205
The Wykeham Arms(Winchester)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$116
US$102
The Running Horse(Winchester)
US$118
The Winchester Hotel & spa(Winchester)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$94
US$90
The King Alfred(Winchester)
US$113
Premier Inn Winchester Hotel(Winchester)(Great Value!)
US$97
PremierInn.com
All reviewsbeautiful housefrench coffeelovely breakfasta lovely staymaryaga
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Just spent 2 of the most uncomfortable days of my life staying at this BnB and would definately never ever recommend this place to anyone. Beautiful house,admitted,but why make it into a bed and breakfast (and a very expensive one at that),if you really don't want people staying there and spoiling your home ....Spoiling meaning...by fetching a couple of pebbles from the driveway, onto your doormat, getting water on the silk covered chair (that was in a bathroom anyway,haha)...Is this really,really going to cost you a fortune to have dry cleaned Mary,like you explained to me it would,because I had left a wet towel on it??? I could go on,but would be writing a 3000 word essay.,but i will mention asking the landlady for poached egg instead of scrambled if possible (cos basically her scrambled egg was vile), but "no" was her reply. Thanks Mary,you got a few quid out of us on our 2 day stay,it would have been lovely to have been made a bit more welcome.....Won't be seeing you again!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Tracey H
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

We were staying at another local B&B when we were informed that the owner had made a mistake and doubled booked our room on our third night! However he did arrange for us to move to The Coach House.
When we arrived, Mary greeted us kindly, gave us a tourist booklet,let us park our car in her yard and set us off with helpful suggestions as we walked over the grassy knoll with amazing city views down into the heart of Winchester.
When we returned that evening, tea was offered and served in a charming sitting room. Mary clearly stated her needs in caring for her place and asked us about our breakfast food preferences. We chatted briefly and settled into our spotlessly clean and beautifully decorated room. Later we went out for a walk at twilight and Mary suggested a couple of viewing points to see the city at its best. We walked the quiet neighbourhood streets and let ourselves back in with our own key.
In the morning, we sat at the antique kitchen wooden table, which had an extra toasty feel because of the warm Aga. There were many options of food. We settled on cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit, toast and lots of hot tea and coffee. It was lovely to look out on their back lawn and see the family bunny grazing happily away!
Mary was interested in where we were touring, again offering suggestions of what might interest us. It is obvious to us that she relishes her role of welcoming her guests and sharing The Coach House with them.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 2travelonward
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Beautiful house, delicious breakfast and excellent hospitality- what more could you ask for? I found Mrs LTB to be nothing but kind and helpful. She was able to recommend places for us to visit and provided a beautiful clean room with the most spacious en suite that I've ever seen. I had a very good night's sleep and the breakfast was home cooked, high quality and absolutely delicious!

The house is on a beautiful tree lined street in a private location, but with very easy access into the town centre. I was worried about some of the reviews I read on here, but I was pleasantly surprised and can honestly say that I can't fault this B&B or Mrs LTB and I will be staying again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank laraos
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Another stay in Mrs LTBs lovely home . The bedrooms are beautiful with electric blankets and ensuite bathrooms . The sitting room was very comfortable and the pot of tea very welcome on arrival as were the useful tips on what to see and do .

Winchester is a beautiful city to visit and I was able to leave my car in the driveway all day .

The local pub was very good and I look forward to coming back again very soon .

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank clarice h
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I stayed for 10 days and had a wonderful time. The room was spacious, well-furnished, always tidy and spotlessly clean. The bed was very comfortable and warm, with an electric blanket. The house is beautiful, decorated with taste and cosy. Great location too. It is a quiet and very peaceful area, however, the city centre is just about 7 minutes from there, with a lovely view of Winchester from the top of the hill as you walk down.

Mary, the landlady, was very helpful in every way, and, it must be said, she is a great cook. I should separately mention the excellent tea which had just the right proportion of milk in it - perfect to start your morning with. There are a couple of rules, like leaving the shoes downstairs in a special room, but these are reasonable enough and not hard to follow at all. I don't see why they should upset anyone as some people mentioned below.

Overall, it was a very nice stay indeed and, if you're looking for a quiet and peaceful place to stay, I would recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo