“Clicky”

Price range: US$6 - US$32
Cuisines: British
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Northbrook Arms - a traditional village pub with letting rooms. We are situated in the idyllic village of East Stratton just minutes from the A33 between Winchester and Basingstoke. The pub boasts two gardens - the green opposite the pub which is perfect for catching the sun all day long, and the pretty country garden to the side of the pub which has an enclosed area at the bottom where children can play safely. We also have a traditional Skittle Alley in the beautiful old stables - with its own bar, space for dining and of course the Skittles - it is the perfect place to have a party or function.
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Clicky”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We ate here last summer, the atmosphere is quite overwhelming of 'clicky' locals who turn and stare as you walk through the door! The staff are friendly and helpful, but sadly our meal was somewhat disappointing, when I mentioned that my meat was difficult to eat, I was told that it was because my knife was blunt and given a sharper one! I think perhaps I needed sharper teeth too, as the knife made no difference!! I would have expected a different response to this, as in my opinion it was not the best customer experience outcome I have had. I drive past most evenings, but have not been drawn back in yet!

Visited September 2013

Boston
“Top place”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

had lunch there twice over Easter. The food was lovely, the staff very nice and the setting is idyllic. Little village green, they had music and an Easter egg hunt and it was just perfect. The drinks were nice too. Highly recommend if you're in the area.

• Visited April 2014
Cardigan, United Kingdom
“A Good Country Pub, Friendly, Accommodating with Great Food and Real Ales!”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Cosy, friendly, OUTSTANDING service...everything you could want in a country pub!
We stayed at the Forest Log Cabins nearby and visited this pub 3 times in 5 days!, there was 10 of us all friends and we always had a great welcome here! the locals didn't hesitate to mix with us and they could not do enough for us, the owner John really went out of his way to help make our visit to and from the pub Amazing! This is a great country pub and well worth a visit!

• Visited February 2014
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Great place to stop at”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Any sunny day and this is a nice place in the country to stop in at. Great selection of beer. A "village green" with table and chairs to soak up the sun. Quiet... Apart from the odd dog going off. Good for kids as long as they know not to stray into the minor road between the green and the pub. Not eaten here but grub looks good.

• Visited March 2014
“Most amazing, accommodating, friendly pub I've ever been to!”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

After a long tiring walk we found this pub in a beautiful location, the sun was out and the outdoor garden was stunning. Greeted by all of the staff, who instantly started conversation and were so accommodating with all our requests. The food was FAB. The owner John went out of his way to make our visit amazing. Definitely worth a visit in this ideal setting!

• Visited March 2014