“Fantastic customer service”

Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: British
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: No.5 Bridge Street is a pub/bar & restaurant with rooms in Winchester City Centre. Open 7 days a week for breakfast, lunch & dinner. The restaurant's menu is seasonal & dishes are freshly prepared. The menu is of British influence, based around local, seasonal ingredients, with a superb selection of grazing sharing plates. The bar offers a substantial wine list, traditional cocktail menu, well-kept locally sourced beers & premium lagers.The British tapas 'grazing' items on the bar & restaurant menu are great to share amongst friends with a bottle of wine.No.5's beautiful stable offers private dining & meeting facilities for 16 people.
Reviewed 26 February 2017

I phoned the evening before our stay to find that we were in luck and there had been a cancellation. I happened to mention how happy I was as it was my birthday weekend and we really wanted to stay at No.5. Upon arrival we were taken to room No.6, absolutely beautiful, spacious and immaculately tidy. On the desk was a bottle of bubbly, 2 glasses with strawberries and a note with my name on saying 'Happy Birthday from No.5'. We had a wonderful,comfortable stay. The next morning we had breakfast and, upon checking out, I noticed we hadn't been charged for breakfast. I mentioned it and was simply met with a smile and the words 'Happy Birthday', no charge was made for the breakfast. Truly wonderful customer service and we felt really special. Thanks No.5, we will definitely be back.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Valentines Day Lunch. Fantastic food - hampshire braised beef and tasty parsnip puree. Attentive service. Second time for lunch in a month and would recommend.

Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

Pre Valentines dinner and what a delight. Hampshire (England) take on tapas. Vibrantly fresh ingredients blended in a cacophony of flavours, textures and colours. Served in a relaxed but attentive style.

Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

I love the helpful staff here: nothing is too much trouble. Excellent coffee and wide variety of light lunch bites and yummy soup.
It was spot on and a sound stopping off point a couple of minutes off the centre and easy to find. Great.

Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

I met up with a friend for lunch, the food was fantastic as were the Espresso Martinis we thoroughly enjoyed. Despite it being a busy Saturday lunchtime we weren't rushed but the staff were attentive when needed.