“Nice food, very good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bridge

Bridge
Ranked #44 of 200 Restaurants in Winchester
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, View, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Southampton
“Nice food, very good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Came here for lunch with a friend. Was expecting it to be busy and it was as it was Good Friday. But the service was very good and we really enjoyed the food. Always enjoy it here and can't understand the critical/mixed reviews. My only criticism was that the starter was very small.

Winchester, United Kingdom
“Good food at The Bridge at Shawford near Winchester”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Monday lunch Dad and five year old daughter. Dad had the Mixed Grill... Nice bit of steak, sausage, gammon, chicken and black pud. All good cuts of meat. Steak was medium when ordered rare but that is the only minor complaint. Good value good portions. Daughter had kids cheese burger. Good size portions. Burger was not dry and nice and thick. Very nice chips. Service was fast and friendly.

Swindon, United Kingdom
“Good food, good service but ..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Met up with friends for Sunday lunch. We all had various roast dinners which were well cooked, plentiful & good value. Service was efficient & friendly. However I have to say the state of the toilets left one wondering about the cleanliness of the rest of the pub - they are grubby and dated and really in need of renovating. The dining chair I was sitting on was stained with what I hoped was just a watermark but still unpleasant looking. The pub location is nice & I imagine in good weather very busy.

chandlers ford
“Fairly regular”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

We booked a meal for the Saturday before Mother's Day, we were taken to the table and the waitress said she would be back in a min for the drinks order, after 15mins I went to the bar to order for myself and waited and waited, where was the bar staff? 2 of them walked through the bar and ignored the queue. I got served after asking if anyone was serving. One of our party ordered a main dish which 10 mins later we were told they had run out of so she choose another, 15 mins later we were again told they had run out of that as well so she chose a 3rd dish. 30mins later the starters turned up and very nice they were too. An hour after that the main courses turned up with an apology and that we would get 20% off our bill. When the bill arrived there was no discount, we eventually got it after asking .
Somebody had evidently dropped the ball that day, it wasn't that busy and to run out of 2 standard main courses by early Saturday evening and I ordered the Wild Boar burger which I had eaten before but this time some of the ingredients were missing from the dish, we didn't bother saying anything just glad we had been served.
We will be going back but hope this was a one off.

• Visited March 2014
“vegetarian sunday roast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

I have visited this pub today with friends following a local road race. They had a great choice of local real ale and they hadn't left the vegetarians out on the roast front. I really enjoyed my nut wellington and the apple pie and custard was lovely, perfect recovery food.

• Visited March 2014