“Would never return or recommend”
Review of No.5 Bridge Street

No.5 Bridge Street
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Stayed on a sat nite. First impression of room was fab was modern yet homely. However after returning to the room after dinner could not sleep until the early hours of the mornig. I can usually handle noise yet the constant noise from the dj aswel as voices trying to talk over the music was to much. If I could have left at 23:00 I would have. Would not recommend to others

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank miserable98
There are newer reviews for No.5 Bridge Street

Reviewed 5 January 2014

We came here for a friends party & decided to stay. We stayed in room No. 6 which is was nicely decorated & spacious with a great shower. We had a tasty meal in the restaurant downstairs & drinks in the bar. Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our impromtu stay.

Room Tip: Room 6 was spacious & quiet
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2014

My wife and I spent the night here on 30 December and the room (number 6) was clean, large and with an amazing shower. In fact it was all good, aside from the expensive off-site parking and the noise from another guest and downstairs in the bar - we were woken up and kept awake on several occasions between 3 and 6am. One of these was just a drunk guest who had been locked out of his room, presumably by his wife, but there were no staff around to assist, so the noise lasted for a long time. I presume the other door slamming was from staff downstairs but impossible to know. Overall its a nice place - but use the ear plugs they provide - you will need them!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank newts13
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Really good location and general vibe, friendly and attentive staff helped make this stay a memorable one. The room was lovely and suited our needs perfectly. Would stay again if ever needing to be in Winchester.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Stayed one night in the hotel. The room was small but comfortable, and exceptionally clean. The staff (especially Nathan) were very courteous and welcoming, and the food was very good quality. I would definitely be back.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I have never been driven to write a review whilst still staying in a hotel. However I have been driven to pen this at midnight whilst still here because it is impossible to sleep.

I will firstly acknowledge that the quality of the accommodation is excellent. Our Room (3) was recently decorated and very comfortable. But it was impossible to enjoy because of the noise.

We returned to our room at 11:00am on a Saturday evening. The bar was busy and noisy. Our room upstairs was no less noisy. The volume of the music coming through the floor to our room was louder than I would play music at home! I went downstairs to complain and ask how long the music would last. The barman immediately referred me to the manager - it was clearly a common conversation! The manager apologised but said that there was nothing he could do and that they made every effort to warn customers about the noise on all booking sites. I have checked the exact wording on booking.com. Whilst there is reference to live music / DJ until 1:00am the words 'noise' or 'warning' do not appear.

Ultimately this establishment must decide whether it wants to be a hotel (or more accurately restaurant with rooms) or a nightclub. It is currently trying to be both and inevitably fails with disastrous results for overnight guests.

Such a shame........................

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dunpaddlin
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Was a bit hesitant upon my arrival as I expected a "proper" hotel as booking.com didnt say anything about specialty lodging. Anyway was met by Helen who by the was is a precious gift to the place. Spent 2 nights there. Was warned about Friday night noise which ended around 11pm. The room was clean, spacious and all members of staff were friendly.
Having read other reviews, Food a bit pricey but food quality well my breakfast was really good..

Room Tip: I stayed in 105 I think we got an upgrade and I didn't want to leave the room even when I initia...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family