“A good hotel for business working”

The Winchester Hotel & spa
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Winchester
London, United Kingdom
“A good hotel for business working”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I have just recently completed a 4 night stay here whilst I was working for a local organisation. The hotel served my needs pretty well - nice sized room, ample lighting and facilities to work in the evenings, efficient shower and comfortable bed. There was also a large flat screen Samsung TV with a good selection of channels, as one would expect these days. I'm afraid I didn't have time to use the spa facilities but they appeared clean and tidy.

I only used the hotel for breakfast but it was fresh looking and the usual mix of cooked and continental. Very tasty. Service was as expected and the waiters and reception staff provided a positive experience.

Room Tip: Parking at the hotel is limited and when I drove back to the hotel each evening at around 6.00 I was...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank efqm

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
  • Polish first
Stockport
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times and on each occasion the staff have been extremely polite and helpful. The accommodation is excellent with plenty of very comfortable seating in the reception area. The breakfast is always superb with plenty of choice and the bar snacks excellent too. A big thank you to the young barman who served us on Tuesday 30th July for recommending certain dishes on the menu and bending over backwards to be helpful. As I use this hotel to visit family in the area I have yet to use the swimming pool but it looks extremely inviting.

Kettering, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We recently stayed for a one night spa break as a treat for my wife as it was her ?? birthday (I'll get shot if I say how old but it was a significant one!). The room was excellent , clean and roomy with a good ensuite bathroom. We had Sunday lunch there with the family and it was fine - service a little slow but there were 11 of us. After a good nights rest my wife had two spar treatments while I enjoyed a swim in the pool. The pool is quite small but does have a current so you can swim against it. My wife said the spa treatments were first class. We both enjoyed our stay - my wife said it made her birthday a bit special.

1 Thank wedge158
Cosham
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I booked a family room here back in April for a July wedding. I called in May to check I had booked a cot for the room and they had no record of my booking, albeit I was able to confirm who I had made the booking with, by now the family rooms were all gone but they rebooked a slightly cheaper double room along with a cot.
Given the earlier error I called again in June to double check all was ok - no record of the cot booking, but this was happily added.
Arrived 1 hour before I was due to leave for the wedding, so small son could be fed and watered only to find that you cant fit a cot in a double room and my parents had to give up their larger room in order for us to be accommodated - inept doesnt even cover it.
With the exception of the lady who checked us out on the morning of the 14th, the staff seemed disinterested at best and rude at worst - a real shame as this was a very nice hotel which deserves it's stars!
In all, my family should have had five rooms at this hotel, but another failed booking and a mysteriously cancelled room, meant only three rooms were available to us on the da, with other relatives having to find alternative accommodation last minute - a pretty dire experience all round!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Gloucester
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Stayed here for my birthday. The hotel is not the most attractive from outside, but inside was totally different and the decor was smart. We were met at Reception by pleasant Reception team member, who made us feel welcome immediately. Room was very clean, comfortable with good fittings and a very cosy big king size bed. The outside terrace area was attractive and very inviting for anyone just wanting to relax or to enjoy a drink and snack. All the staff we encountered were very friendly and service was good. It was a young team, who had all been trained well to ask us if we were having a good day, but they were all so polite. The restaurant looked nice, but we had already made a booking in town, so did not eat here, but noticed it had won awards. Breakfast was a buffet style, but it had a good selection and again service was faultless. The hotel is slightly out of town, but only a 5-10 minute walk and the parking was easy and free for our stay. Winchester is a lovely City with lovely shops and restaurants. Our only criticism was the swimming pool was slightly small, but the spa area was still nice and relaxing. Will definitely visit again.

Room Tip: We used the hotel website to book, as they were offering an upgrade and a voucher to use during our...
1 Thank Rosieoc
Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

Great hotel with great facilities, staff made me feel very welcome & made a great job of entertaining me in the evenings when I was lonely & missing home. I stayed here for 3 weeks & would highly recommend it to anyone, the facilities are great, everybody that works there are very keen to make your stay as pleasant as possible. they even gave me an umbrella to go to work when it was raining. What a great hotel, congratulations to all that work there you really have made this a haven for business travellers. Well done 10 out of 10

Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Scott S
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We .Had an enjoyable holiday here in July. Room and service very good. Location convenient. opposite bus stop, very close to city centre. There was a free secure car park at the back of the hotel.Would stay here again.John and Jill Lewis