“Best Burgers In Town!”

The Exchange
Ranked #132 of 209 Restaurants in Winchester
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

I've tried more than my share of burgers in pubs in Winchester and this wins every time.
The portions are generous, the slur is good & the taste is better.
The pub as a whole is good as well. A nice decked beer garden for sunny days with TVs to watch the sport on, both indoors & out.
Not the cheapest when it comes to drinks, but horribly overpriced.
Worth a visit if u like burgers, beer & sport!

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Went with friends a few weeks back, Service was quick with huge portions, good price and great food, menu isn't huge but great stuff non the less. Beer garden was very pleasant in the sun.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

This may seem a bit unfair as every time in the past I have been to The Exchange the atmosphere when there is a big live sporting match has been excellent and the quality of the drinks has also been good.
I ordered a burger and chips plus a pint of cider. After quite a long wait for the food, the burger arrived in a large bun, but a tiny dwarf burger that looked lost in its casing. It was the size and shape of a weetabix, only slightly thicker. I tried to ask the barman whether this was the sum total of my burger but he looked disdainfully at me and told me he was busy. He got a barmaid to ask me if there was a problem and I said yes and pointed to my sorry looking piece of beef. "oh that's because it's homemade" came the deadpan reply, not particularly satisfying but I couldn't be bothered to argue the point, so it was time to leave my food and drink and go elsewhere. Next time I'll just stick with the drink. I wish I had taken a picture of the burger!

Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

A must. Yes it's a pub, but a proper pub with pub food!
Warm friendly service and great beer.
Lovely sunny beer garden for the summer.
Big televisions to watch the sport on. All premier league games shown plus rugby and cricket.