“Best Ever Fishh & Chips”
Review of Catch

Catch
Ranked #117 of 214 Restaurants in Winchester
Reviewed 15 May 2014

When it comes to Fish and Chips at "CAUGHT" in Winchester UK, it is the Best Ever. None can compare to the preparation and the fine taste of their Fish and Chips. Added to the fine taste, one gets another perk which is the friendly atmosphere of the people. The way the F&C is served adds to the experience. The people have a special good attitude and sincerity which creates a true comfort level.
We went to Winchester with another American couple since there was a ship's cruise tour to Winchester Cathedral. It was easy to walk to from the Cathedral and opens at 12 noon.
I recommend this wonderful treat to anyone who wants to enjoy a delightful lunch of Fish and Chips. Please note that they have a daily Senior Citizen special as On a scale of 10 (being the best), CAUGHT qualifies for an "11" !
They are located at 66 St Georges Street.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We visited Winchester on a cruise tour, and my wife and i and our friends wanted fish and chips.
We saw the review here, and made a bee line for Caught. We were not disappointed.
The fish and chips were wonderful, and the staff was most delightful. Two thumbs up from the four Floridians. This place was fantastic!!

Reviewed 8 May 2014

....... and that is what Caught is. Fresh fish in a crisp and golden batter, twice fried fluffy centred chips done to perfection. I have fish and chips, mainly in sometimes expensive restaurants about once a month. Never have I had them anywhere near the perfection of Caught's. All topped with excellent and cheerful service. 11 out of 10

1  Thank waysider321
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Went on reccomendation of a friend and although the food was lovely the server was rude and dismissive. Won't be going back after being ignored and rudely spoken to.

DHCaught, Owner at Catch, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Sorry to hear that you received poor service on your recent visit to our Winchester branch. We are conducting an investigation into this matter and would appreciate it if you would be able to help by letting us know the date/day of your visit and, if possible, a brief descripion of the staff member in question.

Good customer service is something we take pride in and anything less is unacceptable to us. We very much appreciate you bringing it to our attention and will strive to ensure there will not be any repeats.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Having read the reviews we thought, great, let's try. Unfortunately it didn't work out so good. We visited last night (Fri 2/5) at 6:30pm. Firstly we picked a bad time to arrive as the shop was very busy and had a 25 minutes wait.

But worse than that all 3 of us (me, my wife and my daughter) have gone down ill after eating the fish and chips. I have had a dodgy tummy since late yesterday evening, my wife has had a high temperature and my daughter has been suffering from both. The only common thing we did/ate yesterday was the fish and chips.

So no recommendation from us!

1  Thank Hommedur