Giffard House
US$206
The Wykeham Arms(Winchester)(Great Value!)
US$175
Hotwire.com
US$116
US$100
  • Restaurant
The Winchester Hotel & spa(Winchester)(Great Value!)
US$120
Marwell Hotel(Winchester)
US$113
US$91
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Winchester Hotel(Winchester)(Great Value!)
US$100
PremierInn.com
The Old Vine(Winchester)
US$228
US$222
  • Restaurant
All reviewsboxer dogmolton brown toiletriesrailway linecity centrea quiet residential areaprivate parkingsitting roomten minute walkbreakfast was excellentbeautiful housefull englishcomfortable bedthe ground floora lovely place to staycouple of nightssouth downs wayfresh fruit
Reviewed 10 July 2013

i stopped there with my hubby and daughter..my relatives were in another room...we had the family room.it was big..and clean......the garden outside is great...we sat there having a few beers...the taxi took us all into town...only a few pounds to get there....great location for the wichester barracks...the breakfast was excellent...they asked if you wanted anymore coffee.juice.toast etc....well worth the money.....

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I have had the privilege of staying in this beautiful Hotel in Winchester, England, twice. On both occasions I enjoyed the highest standard of service. The freshly cooked breakfasts were so yummy, and the variety of cereals, breads (including lovely gluten-free bread), choices of hot food, the beautiful freshly made fruit salad (with tropical fruits), varieties of yoghurt, choice of condiments and hot drinks available, was amazing.

With regard to the rooms I have stayed in. These are serviced to the highest standard, and each guest is supplied with toiletries of the best quality, for example, Molten and Brown. The towels are fluffy and there is a nice supply of tea-time goodies for all to enjoy. With comfortable heating on demand, for those chilly times. The Hotel is situated within an easy ten minute walk to the City centre and famous Cathedral, and numerous good restaurants. This lovely hotel houses some exquisite paintings, statues and interesting artefacts. An added bonus is the picturesque gardens, in which I have happily spent peaceful and restful leisure time.

My hosts,Yvonne and Peter warmly welcomed me into their world, as did their friendly and helpful staff, which made it very difficult for me to leave and embark on my journey home to Australia.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Spent two nights at the Giffard whilst in Winchester. Extremely friendly staff and nothing too much trouble. Room excellent, comfortable and roomy with attention to detail. En suite was cleaned and replenished with towels and toiletries on both days. Breakfast great - plenty of choice and nothing too much trouble. Would certainly recommend to family and friends.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2013

My wife and I stayed here last weekend and found it exceptional in every way.We arrived to a very friendly welcome from the manager Miss Banks.The Hotel it's self is superb with a great attention to detail,The room was a perfect size with a lovely comfy bed.(great nights sleep) plenty of tea and coffee.The en-suite was luxury with a lovely hot shower and molton brown toiletries.The next morning breakfast was scrumptious and plentiful.(great bacon)Yvonne and her staff were very helpful and could not do enough for us. All in all a excellent warm clean place to stay in lovely surroundings with lovely people.
HIGHLY recommended and will definitely return.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I have just returned home from this hotel, we stayed there for the weekend and right from the front door opening until we left we were met with the most warm welcome and made to feel very much at home from the start of our stay. The manager,Yvonne Banks, was wonderful, nothing was too much trouble, it was just like being at a friends house. The hotel itself was immaculate, the decor was wonderful, the single room I had was lush, my friends had a twin room and it was the same, lush. The breakfast was like a 3 course meal, fresh fruit salad, a selection of kellogs, and a fry up, wow, wonderful stuff. If anyone is thinking of going to Winchester for the weekend then I would definatley recommend Gifford House. Beautiful.

Room Tip: Any room in this hotel is perfect
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends