“Shocking”

Marwell Activity Centre
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Attended a stag event consisting of Archery, Quad Biking, and Clay Pigeon Shooting followed by overnight camping.
Terrible service from the staff, considering we paid well over £1000 for the event we were left hanging for most of the day and frequently had to go looking for someone to tell us where we should be. Lunch provided consisted of a pile of sandwiches on a platter without plates, napkins or even a glass of water provided. Quad biking instructor was late, arrogant and inappropriately dressed and after a group member walked out in disgust he refused to hold the session, this caused considerable disruption to our day. It was insisted that we wear dirty sweaty unwashed rags over our clothes. The safety equipment was disgraceful, helmets should all be changed, safety glasses inappropriate for the job and dirty, advice from staff dangerous at times. Clay pigeon shooting only one trap, one gun misfired over 50% of the time and we were shooting whilst 'aiming to miss' the quad biking class. The tents provided were dirty.
Overall a very disappointing experience for what should be a once in a lifetime occasion that we cant have again, I am also lodging a formal complaint and will report them to the HSE. absolutely would not recommend.
Redeeming features... the archery was okay and some of the staff were pretty good, shame they work here.

13  Thank 478Kevin

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I think it's always a good sign when you get somewhere and are immediately put at ease by the people you come across - this was the case at Marwell Activity Centre when we visited this past weekend. Upon arriving, a young lady emerged from the office and immediately directed us where to go, provided us with the appropriate forms, and off we went.

We were collected and then the chap in charge explained the ins and outs of the shotgun we were to be using for clay pigeon shooting, before allowing us all to get on and have a go.

The whole day was reasonably priced and well organised - with the instructor pushing us each to do better and advising as to how we should stand and shoot - I know some disagreed with the eye he said they should use (myself to an extent included) but regardless, it was fun, he was game for a laugh and the whole event was a lot of fun.

Highly recommended if you're looking for a group activity - I know I'll be returning if I get the chance.

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Everything seemed really good, staff in the office were attentive and friendly.
We did Archery - instructor was brilliant and had a good time.
Lunch - not allowed tap water, had to buy drinks and not allowed plates to eat from. On top of that you get ignored by the staff.
Quad Bikes - first instructor a complete waste of time. Turned up late and couldn't be bothered to teach so walked off. Had a seriously bad attitude and told us he didn't have the correct PPE for instruction. We were left for half an hour until we managed to get another instructor. Sophie (I think) was amazing. Very friendly and attentive. She really made up for the prat we had before. Had more technical issues with quads leaking fuel but we were able to carry on.
Clay pidgeon - excellent. The instructor knew his stuff and was very informative with his instruction. We had to keep stopping shooting when the quads were driving past though. Shotguns + quads! Not my idea if a good mix.
We stayed over night, we were missing a few things promised online and tents are dated and dirty but overall ok.
So I would say that health and safety may be an issue here and I think they may be set up a little bit more for kids then adults. On the whole most staff members were first class but we we're let down a little by a quad instructor who thought he was "The Man", the lunch provided and the safety equipment.

2  Thank Gazzell
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My trip to Marwell Activity Centre was absolutely amazing. I really enjoyed all of the activities!!! The instructors were very patient and calm while we tried our best to conquer the challenges that we were faced with. The aerial adventure course was one of the most enjoyable activities I had come across at the centre. Although it is situated metres above ground, with the help of the group leader it is easy to achieve. Some of the tasks I completed, I wasn't sure about at the beginning however by the end I was ready to face it again. Don't let your first impressions/instincts put you off, think about what you would be missing out on.All of the activities were supervised by instructors and we always wore harnesses when required. The Bunk House was great, a field to ourselves and anything you could really want on a week away. The Coopers Creek Bistro was amazing and I would definitely recommend: Tomato Pasta and Garlic Bread; Pasta Bolognaise; Sausage and Chips; Chicken Curry and the Full English Breakfast. There was so much to see and do. By the end of the week, everybody is tired and definitely wants to rest.

I really recommend this centre to anybody: families, friends and everybody you can think of. They have a website so be sure to check out the activity list and other facilities!

Visited June 2014.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Marwell Activity Centre is an excellent place for a primary school residential. We have just returned from a fabulous week, where the children had a brilliant time getting soaked canoeing, kayaking, raft building. Hidden in the trees is the low assault course, medium and high aerial adventure courses. Leaping into the unknown 40 feet up to grab onto the trapeze followed by the zip wire over the lake was amazing! All the staff went out of their way to make us welcome especially the highly trained instructors who I can't praise enough for their patience and fantastic sense of humour while encouraging the children and us adults through our challenges. Safety is always of the utmost importance too. The food was very good - a full English, picnic lunch and a choice of three options for dinner. Many of the children are hoping to visit the activity clubs during the Summer holidays. A great place not just for primary/secondary schools but adult team building too.

1  Thank Wiws H