“Super Sunday”

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Japanese
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Five of us went here at the suggestion of my son and his girlfriend. Not eaten Thai food before but was very impressed with the quality and flavours. I’d recommend the sharing platter as a starter between two, although we split it across three but added some dim sum too. All the main courses went down well with all of us. The Bento Box pudding is a chocolate brownie on steroids; don’t go near it if you are calorie watching!

dimtrestaurant, Guest Relations Manager at Dim T, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thanks for your review!
We are pleased to hear you had such a positive experience. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

It's a bit hard to comment on food I have not had before. All I can say is that this was my first dimsum, and based on the experience I'll probably not be seeking it out in future.

On the other hand my Korean chicken was very tasty (whether it was really Korean chicken I cannot say), and my wife raved about her sea bass.

The restaurant is comfortable, though the tables are a bit small (the waitress had to push two tables together for our far-from-huge meal - just once side dish, plus rice).

Service good, and a two course evening meal for under £40 is hard to argue with.

dimtrestaurant, Guest Relations Manager at Dim T, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks for your review!
We are glad to hear you enjoyed the Korean chicken and sea bass. Sorry to hear our dim sum and table sizes didn't impress you.
Hopefully we'll see you again?!

Reviewed 8 May 2018

We popped there for a quick meal and after a mistake made in our favour (the wrong salad was brought) - we were quickly told that we wouldn't be charged and to enjoy it. The food is quick and delicious. Had I not been stuffed I would have stayed for longer..and had a desert.

dimtrestaurant, Guest Relations Manager at Dim T, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Thanks for the message Rebecca P. Sorry to hear you were brought wrong salad, but very pleased to hear that this was rectified immediately. Hopefully we'll see you again soon.

Reviewed 6 May 2018

I'm not angry, i'm just disappointed. One night i'll never get back. Not only was the food abysmal, a standard i can only compare to that of iceland super market (HA pathetic), i've had better service at a serve yourself buffet!!!!! I simply ask why??? WHYYY!!! Did they insist on rushing us out the door as if we were one of the rats they most likely have in their filthy kitchen. If i am having a meal with some friends i have not seen in a while i expect to be able to participate in conversation at my own leisurely pace, but ALAS! This was not the case. We were forced to order before we were ready, we were subject to their intimidating linger over us throughout the entire meal, and lastly (but by no means least), the messages in our fortune cookies did not come true (i believe this to be false advertisement) !!!! I shall never grace this restaurant with my presence again. Goodbye, GRIM - T.

dimtrestaurant, Guest Relations Manager at Dim T, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Thanks for your review Katie B.
We are so sorry to read your comments about your visit and can only apologise that we failed to impress you on so many levels.
We would love to hear more about your visit so that we can look into this further, could you please email us at info@dimt.co.uk?
Thank you.

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

Awkward customer service , felt rushed and unwanted . Food came so quickly we were surprised in a bad way and it was in fact uncooked. Left 2 star review purely because a gentleman attempted to explain why the food tasted / smelled a certain way. Would never come back or recommend.

Thanks for your review Kristian A.
We are so sorry that we failed to impress with our food and service. These comments have been passed on to the team. We are confident that if you were to give us another chance you'd have much more positive experience.