“wow”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Came here on recommendation and was not disappointed. The food was varied and of a very high standard. The service was friendly ,efficient and very discreet. This is one place I would highly recommend and I will certainly being going back

1  Thank rayhood99

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Found this place by accident on the internet, rang booked a table. My friend who lives in the area had no clue where it was, so nicely tucked away, what a menu, something for all tastes. the mixed starter was amazing, the lamb rendang to die for and nasi goreng well lets say i could have eaten the lot. Great choice of food with extras and the ice cream was just really too beautiful to eat, but we did. it is now my special place, i even travel up from Devon just to go there. Friendly unhurried service wonderfully attentive without ever being overbearing. A little piece of the far east in a lovely cathedral city. 10/10 or even 11 if i could.

1  Thank NigelGill98
Reviewed 28 May 2014

After a great walk we fancied a great Chinese.. a friend had recommended Tanoshii so thought we'd give it a try.. The restaurant was fully booked so we opted for a take away.. initially they said it would be 1.5 to 2 hours wait.. but when I said I'd collect rather than wait for a delivery it was prepared in 30 minutes. When I arrived to collect it the place was packed with many being turned away. We opted for the set meal and it was delicious.. nicely lacking in preservatives and colouring .. you could really taste the ingredients, will definitely book ahead for a table next time... Nice touch that the waitresses are in kimonos.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have now dined three times at Tanoshi and have loved each time - There is always something different to try. Not having sushi before I thought I would, and this is the perfect place the staff are very happy to help and explain what each dish is so that you don't go too mad on your first time!

They do a wide range of dishes and the first time I went the table next to us ordered something very different which included a range of raw meat with a table grill to cook it all on!

They also offer a takeaway service which is excellent too - Book to avoid disappointment!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

The food was great and more importantly the ice-cream was phenomenal. I would go back for the icecream If for anything.