“Better 2nd time around”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Trunkquillity treehouse
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

sharonHer...
Hertfordshire
“Better 2nd time around”
Reviewed 3 October 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Came for our second visit this year on the last week of August for 5 nights, this time bringing our two dogs and 9 year old twin boys.

Another fantastic time and the boys loved every second of exploring the grounds and playing football and tennis on the huge field.

The owners John and Helen were absolutely amazing again. The treehouse was spotless on arrivial and the grounds were tended to the whole time we were there but we still felt completely alone in the little coppice of trees.

My husband yet again was fishing the lake from dusk till dawn, so we enjoyed picnics on one of the many picnic tables scattered around the grounds everyday.

Even from April to August the grounds were improved even more, beautiful signage and extra seating areas.

We enjoyed using the bbq everynight and made regular visits to the nearest supermarket (Co op) about 2 miles away for supplies.

Our dog was very unwell during our stay but we found a vet about a mile away. She sadly past away shortly after our return This lovely treehouse will hold an even greater place in my heart knowing it was her last holiday with us.

Thank you so much for having us again. We would love to return

Hello

Firstly as massive dog and pet lovers we are so so sorry to hear about the passing of your dog,your kind words about the treehouse and grounds are so welcome given the loss of your pet.....we hope you don't take too long in welcoming another 4 legged member into your family and returning to the treetops with the lucky woof woof as well

For you to take time to write the wonderful review about our little piece of wildlife heaven is more than appreciated

Thankyou again for returning to the treetops

Come back
Soon

petelight...
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
“Amazing treehouse”
Reviewed 2 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Me and my partner and kid came to stay for a weekend and absolutely loved it. The scenery is beautiful, the treehouse is so modern and cosy and sitting on the decking at night you often see bats flying around, something my daughter has never seen in the wild. There is also a fishing pond that is a dream to sit and fish at and the wildlife if oozing from all corners. Dragonfly’s, song birds, butterflies, otters, badgers and even bats (visible at night). We all had a great time and will be booking again in the near future!

8 Oct 2017
Thankyou so much for finding time to write such kind wonderful words about our little piece of wildlife heaven here in herefordshire

The wildlife once again seem to have stolen the show ,We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and can only hope you will return once again,or tell others about what it feels like to stay in a REAL treehouse...

Thankyou again

Luvie O
“4th Return to pool where big carp play hard to get!...”
Reviewed 20 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Title to read:

4th return to pool where big carp play hard to get!..

Review to read

This is the 4th time i have stayed at the site of my favourite fishing pool....
Although a long way from my home in scotland its always been worth the planning required to make the trips happen

I first stayed at the venue 14 years ago ...the owner at the time had always welcomed fishermen with open arms ans had made his private treehouse and fishing shack/lodge available to all who wanted to stay over,The years have passed since my first stay there in the old treehouse, further trips saw me make use of
The old fishing lodge..All i can say that since its changed family hands the place is even better,more welcoming,and the updating of both venues is beyond words,

I wont go into too much detail as ive read most reviews and can only say every word of praise is deserved in full
Beautiful,tasteful,quirky
Elegant,simply stunning,the list just goes on and on....all are accurate and say it all

While there this time the wildlife seemed to be so so abundant..green woodpeckers..jays..buzzards..kingfishers..deer were walking through the woodland at night..the bats were like fighter sqdrns flying round the treehouse..round the pool..everywhere was alive at night....i did note lots and lots of batt boxes throughout the woods and buildings....clearly the wildlife means everything here to the owners...sqirrells were going crazy..the owls were amazing as we sat on the deck at the treehouse..

The fishing was the bit i always enjoy here more than anything,i can clearly remember sitting next to one of my fishing idols here many years before"des taylor"of angling times fame,I always remember him pulling huge chubb from the waters and every trip for me since has seen the same quality fish comming my way...

The pool has also seen much updating with signs,huge log benches ,pic nic bbq hot plates etc etc..

Our stay with our two dogs was a delight,They enjoyed the full privacy and full use of the area as much as we did,although they swam in the pool more than us!!

Visiting such a wonderful venue in herefordshire means you simply have to go and enjoy the surrounding countryside Herefordshire is a beautiful county with so much to offer,reading the comments book at the treehouse you can easily understand why so many people choose to stay put and not use the car again until they leave,We visited the much reworked and updated city centre and enjoyed a wonderful meal in "BEEFY BOYS"restaurant..a fantastic burger bar that served the most amazing burgers you could wish for..the entire area has see many changes..some good..some not so.. in our opinion..

hereford towns changed so much one would hardley recognise the town centre with "what some may consider its new "out of place"contemporary buildings",for us it was just amazing to see how the old town has evolved but still kept its wonderful rural feel

So if your staying at the treehouse do yourselves a favour and go have a look around,

We will be back nxt summer to try the updated lodge.....its certainly seen some updates....

Thanks again for taking care of us

Brian and Roni Love

21 Sep 2017
Wow,that is a review that deserves time to respond and adress your views which we thankyou so much for sharing with tripadvisor land

Well the return visits you have made over so many years much mean you have enjoyed the little piece of heaven we have here in herefordshire,Yes it's fair to say the wildlife are the one thing that simply takes your breath away,only today I watched a beautiful kingfisher with a small fish for dinner,then I turned round to see a beautiful otter running towards the stream,how lucky are we to share this place with them.

Your information re the old treehouse you previously stayed in are welcomed very much,Also as you noticed the old fishing lodge has had the makeover of all makeovers as you saw, and we look forward to you coming back to enjoy it

The bats are wonderful ,and have always enjoyed the treehouses that have shared their woodland for all these years,A major ecological bat survey is currently taking place and it's fair to say the unique location of the treehouse/woods/fishing pool see this as a major place they like to live..

Your comments in relation to hereford town are again welcomed,we agree the new eateries in the new Town centre are a credit to the town itself,Afantastic mix of modern and old we hope all will spend time to visit,

We are proud of our town,it's countryside,and are humbled to be able to offer visitors to the area a unique setting in which to stay,We are also very proud that our treehouse "old and new" has attracted so many visitors who have enjoyed Herefordshire that may have otherwise travelled elsewhere

The local Herefordshire Council have had brave visions for the county that in our opinion have made Herefordshire a place so worth visiting that we are proud to be apart of its fabric,
Fi T
Westbury, United Kingdom
“Amazing - Sky High Luxury”
Reviewed 20 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Just back from an amazing weekend in Trunkquility luxury - perfect in every way. Fantastic location and so peaceful. The treehouse itself is awesome - so imaginatively built and so beautifully designed - there are so many special little touches that just make this so special and your stay so memorable. Our woof loved it too - great memories and an absolute must for anyone who wants something different and unforgettable. Thank you for making our stay feel so warm and welcoming.

21 Aug 2017
Thankyou so so much for taking your spare time to tell others in tripadvisor land about our treehouse...we tried to create a place to give everyone the chance to live amongst the treetops and feel the way you have relayed in your wonderful review..

Thankyou so much for your custom,please come back again

SaxyLady3
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Perfection”
Reviewed 3 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

What a fantastic place, everything we hoped for and more. The treehouse is so cute and lovingly kept by the owners Helen and John, who were so delightful and helpful. Fishing was wonderful, hubby caught 16 chub and a carp in our 2 day break, but don't be fooled, they're crafty! Left me free to relax on one of the loungers and enjoy the peace and quiet. Enjoyed the cds and dvds provided in the evenings, didn't want to leave this amazing treehouse. Everything you need is there so you can just lock the gate and forget the world. Will definitely return.

4 Jul 2017
Thankyou so much for the fantastic review and kind words,we truly appreciate every one who takes time to tell everyone in tripadvisor land about our treehouse and luxury fishing lodge

Please come back asap and enjoy the treetops once again
Liam M
“Father son Fishing trip”
Reviewed 22 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

I was recommended to stay here by a friend. When booking i dealt with Helen who went out of her way to answer any questions i had as well as being very responsive when in contact. On arrival i was greeted by one of the owners who was very polite and very helpful with any questions my father and i had.
My Father in the tree house and myself in the New Fishing Lodge which is ideally situated on the premises with lighting to help you along your way at night.

What can I say, it was a beautiful part of the country within a fabulous area. As you drive through the gates your met with a vibrant green field. You drive past the field and enter a batch of woods, when you look up the image is just stunning. If you like luxury but still want to feel at one with nature then it would be right in front of your eyes.

Upon entering the tree house, you will notice the fabulous layout to which you will spend the rest of your stay admiring and wondering if you could live in a place like this. For the people that had a tree house as a young child, your dream is perched right in front of you. The Engineer in me was astonished to how it was held up.

I was very lucky to be one of the first people to stay in the lodge, it's just what I needed. The first thing I noticed when walking to the lodge was the spectacular private lake full of fish life swirling around. To get to the lodge you must cross a running stream which is by far the most therapeutic sound. If you like real authentic designs then this lodge is by far a fisherman's dream. Real wood burner located in the living area, the best part the wood is all neatly stacked and cut for you no swinging axes around just rock up after a hard days fishing put some wood on the fire and your feet up.

The fishing was something else, the lake is naturally stocked an boy are the fish smart you really have to bring your game if you would like to catch. You see all the fish swimming around, i am very new to the fresh water side but its not as easy as i imagined. My father on the other hand had a little more experience from when he was younger and it definitely showed in the results of our little competition at the end of the weekend.

Speaking on my fathers behalf about the tree house he told me it was a quirky experience to which he would be more than happy to return with his other half. If your looking for a romantic surprise and something completely out of this world this would be the place.

I myself will be enquiring about returning with my partner or maybe just for a gentleman's fishing weekend with a friend.

Once again Helen and Jon thank you for letting my father an i stay at your picturesque creation.

Your age range 25-34
8 Oct 2017
Now that is a review to end all reviews

Thankyou so much for all your kind words,and for passing on all the information to all in tripadvisor land

The much modernised fishing lodge has proved very popular with some of the anglers who stayed in old fishing lodge

Thankyou again

sharonHer...
Hertfordshire
“Amazing little dog friendly hideaway”
Reviewed 4 May 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Was so excited when we stumbled across this unique place online and were over the moon when Helen swiftly responded to advise it was available giving us a child free mini break.

We stayed just 2 nights with our dogs

If you are after a bolt hole away from fast paced living that still has ammenties within a short drive then this place is for you.

When we arrived and rounded the corner my jaw dropped, the photos really do not do this place justice.

The owners have thought of everything, we spent the day exploring the lake and fishing and even found plastic lunch boxes that we used for a picnic.

The toiletries, fluffy towels, snuggly slippers and dressing gowns were a lovely touch.

We found board games, a selection of CD's and DVD's and enjoyed having the music on in the evening while we cooked dinner and had a glass of wine.

John the owner made us feel so welcome in the grounds, gave us lots of information about the area and encouraged us to let our dogs roam off leads. I think they had as much fun as we did.

The lake seemed well stocked with fish, and my husband caught a good size one during our stay.

The squirriels were very entertaining, I could of sat for hours watching them.

I cannot find a negative thing to say and we have just booked to return again with our children

5 May 2017
Thankyou for a wonderful review,

we are so glad the treehouse gave you all the memories you wished it would,It is wonderful to think you and the children will be returning to stay once again......soon,

Again thankyou for taking time to tell all tripadvisor visitors about our treehouse and that you were so happy with all aspects of your stay

Helen
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing