“FANTASTIC NIGHT FOR 17 OF US!!!!!!!!!!”
Review of Thai on Wye

Thai on Wye
Ranked #21 of 260 Restaurants in Hereford
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 23 October 2017

I organised a 40th birthday meal for a Saturday night in October for 17 people. I decided to go for a set price meal and we were not disappointed! We had prawn crackers and dips, a large yummy selection of starters and then various main dishes inc duck, Pad Thai, Green Thai curry, sticky rice, sweet and sour chicken and much more. Would definitely recommend to anyone!

Date of visit: October 2017
2  Thank Scrumbledee

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Went here with two others late on a Sunday evening. We chose where we wanted to sit. The waiter was incredibly friendly and efficient. I had a beef curry with thai rice and two singha beers. The food was delicious. Think this was my third visit and every time it's been spot on.

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank JSwiss5
Reviewed 2 October 2017

Have eaten here a few times now. Everytime a success!
The food is excellent, the service is also excellent, and the prices are very reasonable.
Very close to town; a clean and convenient restaurant.
Portions are generous and usually end up taking some home for the next day!
The staff are always really happy to see you and you’ll always feel well looked after.

Date of visit: September 2017
2  Thank Steddie69
Reviewed 25 September 2017

Last Saturday, as I wandered through town,my attention was drawn by the most amazing aroma. I quite literally followed my nose to the source. Thai on Wye had set up a small street stall, and were cooking up a storm!

A well chosen menu of just a few dishes was available, and your order was prepared and cooked right in front of you. I opted for vegetables and chilli noodles. A few minutes later, and the lovely smiley lady who had taken my order, handed me a box with my food inside.

I couldn't wait to get home to sample it, and it did not disappoint. Wonderful, fresh flavours with a great kick of chilli. There was enough there for two helpings - all for just five pounds.

I don't know if this is going to be a regular thing, but if it is, they can certainly count on my repeat custom!

Date of visit: September 2017
2  Thank Spacehopper2000
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

I have been locally informed that this restaurant has been taken over by someone new, whether that's in the kitchen or what I'm unsure.
All I know is that the food descriptions on the menu and the quality and taste is quite literally woeful.
When ordering the "jungle curry" which sounded, to me anyway, like an exotic curry-like dish, I expected a curry looking dish. Like a green or red curry or some sort of colour and consistency that resembles "curry".
What you get is a bowl of hot water with veg in it. That's it.
The menu gives you no warning or description of its food so you are just making an expensive mistake.
The lady I dealt with was helpful to be fair in that she didn't charge me for that dish but our meal out was ruined none the less. Hopefully they can re-evaluate their menu to give better descriptions to people.
We won't be returning though.

Date of visit: July 2017